What are natural remedies for anxiety and panic disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by victorjiem, Jun 4, 2013.

1. victorjiem

victorjiem Guest

I would love to get rid of this anxiety and panic attacks once and for all. It is taking over my life and I can't even think straight anymore.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

sorry that you are experiencing this.

you may want to try chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture

meditation, especially group meditation may be very helpful for you

try avoiding ingesting anything that's colder than room temperature. get rid of processed foods: try fresh, lightly cooked whole foods served warm.

cut back/eliminate sugar and other sweeteners

regular, gentle aerobic exercise might help.

hope that things can get better soon!

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Magnesium, B12, B1, chamomile, hydrating, exercise.

These will all help.

1 person likes this.
  4. broony

broony Banned

Raw foods, fruits, veggies and anything that is grown out of the earth by starting in the dirt. You would need to read up on ways to get those foods in you. Getting the most basic vitamins in you daily if you can will help with all kinds of things including what you said.

Food in boxes and restaurants stay away from. Boxed food is all garbage as good as it is... but ya good stay away from it .. restaurant food uses boxed stuff sometimes and its too expensive and will make ya broke.. so ya gotta do this on your own.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I wouldnt suggest anything that stimulates and B12 is a monster speed to some people. I have severe chest pains, and violent rage with it.

6. oxyqueen

oxyqueen Member

Order some kratom online and make a tea out of it. I find teas with lavender and chamomile especially calming. Try to also focus on your breathing. Slow deep breaths relieve tension. Soft music & aromas are good. Drink as much water as you possibly can to rid your body of toxins. If you can afford to treat yourself to a massage, it''ll loosen up knots and sore muscles. Whenever you can try to self massage and strech your body out. Lastly try to visualize positive outcomes to stressful situations in advance so that you know the situation shall soon pass.

7. roamy

roamy Senior Member

can you identify the root cause of your anxiety and panic attack?that would be a good start.find the cause.find the cure.

8. youngnpassion

youngnpassion Member

I agreey with roamy...finding the causes...and then slowly immersing yourself one step at a time into uncomfortable situations to allow your mind and body to acclimate to them.

I think meditation and yoga can be tremendously helpful as well.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

could you be more specific please

''chinese herbal medicine'' includes quite a few different concoctions for everything from limp dick to stupidity

they also believe ground up deer antler works for pretty much anything

what if the op chooses ginseng?...because you posted a suggestion without knowing anything about it
    that will send the dude right over the edge...but i guess you meant the other chinese medicine?

op-go to a fucking medical doctor

10. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Actually, they've done double-blind studies showing that certain Chinese medicine techniques (including acupuncture) are more effective than a placebo. I'm an RN, well versed in allopathic medicine, but I have liver problems that western medicine claims can't be cured, but I've done my own research and now use TCM to heal myself, in addition to my prescriptions.

Such negative, knee-jerk reactions are rarely helpful for learning anything new. Also, there are some negative side effects to benzos and other allopathic treatments for anxiety (namely dependency and withdrawls) that the OP may be trying to avoid.

OP--Kratom can be helpful, but be aware that tolerance builds very quickly, and it can cause some pretty bad nausea. It also makes you drowsy for a while, so it may not be feasible long term.

I've found Passion Flower to be the best for acute anxiety, especially when I can't sleep because of racing thoughts.

Chamomile and Valerian Root are also helpful. Visit a GNC or other herbal/health food store and check out their selection. They usually have a whole section dedicated to "calming herbs."

For depression and anxiety, 5-HTP is really helpful.

Just remember to do your research and use caution if you're taking any prescriptions for anything, as some herbs can interact with meds.

1 person likes this.
  11. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Maybe you have a sensitivity to cobalt or cobalamin?

Good point made though.

12. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

RA has been stalking my posts and looking for every opportunity to criticize anything that I say. He probably wouldn't have posted anything if I hadn't. Me and RA go way back.

He's been especially testy lately, because I said that I thought that a few of the recent chat thread titles were lame, which he misinterpreted as a jab at him in particular.

When I recommended "chinese medicine" and "acupuncture", I meant that he should go to a qualified professional traditional chinese herbalist or acupuncturist, not take chinese herbs at random, or stick needles into himself.