What am I looking for?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Moon_Beam, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Hey,

Does anyone else feel like they just need something "bigger" in their lives? I am/was a christian, but am beginning to broaden my thoughts so to speak! Just dont know what it is I am looking for!!

Anyway - just getting things of my chest!!

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I am glad that you have reached that point in your life, especially if it has a lot of meaning for you.

Peace and love

3. feralfey

feralfey Member

I don't think anything can get bigger than God. It's good to broaden your horizens, and I think I understand what you mean about searching for something bigger, but then I started reading the Bible much more than I had been and once I began to really study it, I came to the conclusion that nothing could get bigger than God. Peace.

4. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I have read the bible and have tried to be more involved in christian things - just dont agree with a lot of it! I am tired of having to be someone that I am not just so that I fit in!

But all is cool!! Will keep lokking for what it is that I am after!!

Love and peace

5. br4duk

br4duk Member

You are wasting your time with the bible, its a made up story about morals thats all. Dont get to suked into it? Its like the newspapers we read now we belive.. Bible is bsh1t

6. Paxman

Paxman Banned

By any chance, are you looking for matching shoes and handbag ?, or a picture of darth vader in clothes that isnt black, and without that rediculus big nob helmet on his head?

7. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

8. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

our understanding of god can....no one person or book could possible fully understand "god". to believe so i think one would only be limiting their own progress.

9. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

The bible is a complicated thing. Best to master the basics first and keep practicing them your entire life, then maybe after a lifetime of practice we will be ready to move onto the next step. So lets work on the basics of christianity, love God and love your neighbor. Once I can get those right, I'll see what the next step is.

10. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Yeah, that makes sense - not always that easy though is it?!

11. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

Its as easy as you make it. Just always act with genuine love in every circumstance. To quote Ghandi, "There are no great acts, just small acts done with great love." It all comes down to the little things because every big thing is actually a whole lot of little things put together.

12. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Moonbeam, check out our http://coolove.org website for a broader perspective than Christianity alone can provide.

13. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

How about an understanding? Enlightenment? I'm not sure either exists, but to strive for them is certainly noble.