'what am i doing, behind these iron bars..'

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by phen, Jan 30, 2009.

1. phen

phen Member

thought i'd share a little something that happened, alot of you can probably contribute aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsrD59TgcGA

so a few days ago i visited a friend, when i left, i got to walk like 50m when i noticed 2 guys approaching me...i noticed both of them had a ear piece. i could barely think 'shit..' when one of them shouted if i could give him a cig. I said that i dont smoke, he said "good, we're from the police" and both pretty violently grabbed one of my wrists and dragged me to the car and started searching my pockets. I was like, 'what have i done or what are you accusing me of', he said "just checking" and when he was finishing searching my pockets he said "you look like you have something on you". I was like wtf and said "..hair?" He replied "yes". I started laughing...they violently pushed me on the hood of their car and cuffed me...and pressed them as tight as they could. So at this point i said "if youre just checking, why the hell are my hands cuffed?" ..He said for their security, that they hadnt searched me throughoughly and then went on to drag and threw me in the car rather violently yet again (i wasnt resisting anything in any way). Since the cuffs were killing me and i was supposed to sit there somehow, i sat a little tilted to not sit on the cuffs which was unbearable..they didnt let me, told me to sit straight. So i asked again, "why am i sitting here, what did i do?" The one driving said "nothing, but we have basis to believe that you did" ..wtf?...when we got to the police station, to some creepy room with a computer and 8 cells, they started checking everything inch by inch until i was in my boxers...then they asked me to pull em down and do a squat (or whatever its called) and then they allowed me to put my clothes on. Then they took my phone and asked my pin, not to turn it on, it was turned on, but for their computer. I was sitting there until he was doin something behind the computer, writing shit down and occasionally asking stuff about me. Then they decided they need to test me...brought a cup and told me to pee...after that i sat there for like 45 min lookin at the cup on the table when we were supposedly 'waiting in line' for the doctor thing who was gonna check it.

At some point one of them started talking about random shit. asked me if i knew what the physical sideeffects of weed are. I was like "you tell me" and he started talking about impotents, demented people, retards...said i probably cant have children anymore. then he asked if i would want my child to smoke, I replied "apparently i cant have children anymore"...he didnt like that...but he continued talkin shit about people shooting needles all starting from weed and general drug politics and netherlands...at some point i started pulling out some facts and statistics and demolishing his bullshit...he just didnt have nothing to say so just talked more shit like 'the netherland statistics after legalizing were altered to justify their decision..' and all that. Finally he said "youre lucky, we're not taking you to the expertise" and the last thing he told me was "i suggest you take this subject up with your friends (about going from weed to shootin needles..)" and i was like..."right..". and then they let me go...

Somewhere between there he also dissed bob marley when talking about "art people" ...how they just get drugged up and cant even do their thing without being doped up and shit like that.

on a bit different subject, a friends place got raided, they pushed one friend to the wall and broke his nose, one friend got cuffed while he was sleeping...he then asked for their ...work permission..or whatever, you know...and they just didnt show it. now theyre being accused of trafficing large ammounts of weed and are separated in different cells in an old dirty jail, waiting for the court which is 2 monhts+ away.

for some herb...

and for comparison an old classmate of a friend got pissdrunk and went driving with his best friend, ofcourse got in an accident and ..killed his friend, nothing happened to himself. his court is also months and months away, but he's walking around free, partying...after killing his best friend driving a car pissdrunk.

awesome eh

2. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

where are you located? how is this remotely legal? idk.. something doesn't seem right about this story

3. phen

phen Member

north-eastern europe man

i shouldve mentioned, that the friend that i was visiting was the same one who got raided (they didnt even ask questions though), that should put the picture together, but all of it was like it was..

4. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

wow...that sucks.

5. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

so this happened because you have dreads?!:confused:

6. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

thats a bit brutal. thats all i have to say

7. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

thats bullshit

8. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Shit man. You should try to see if you could sue the police people for brutality or something... I don't do law, but I'm sure theres something agaisnt that, protecting us from that. You didn't have any drugs on you, they should have left you to walk on on the street- Infact they had no REAL reason to search you in the first place.

When did this happen?

I'd suggest considering getting legal advice for you or that dude with the broken nose if he is innocent.

The system is fucked up man.

Its discusting.

9. phen

phen Member

when i asked later if they pick up and cuff people for the way they look often, the guy was like no-no-no, but then said that 99% of the time people with dreads have something on them though...it wasnt completely random, they were in the area for the other dude, but if i wouldnt have had dreads i wouldve remained unnoticed heh

e: i considered that, but i just cant be arsed to go through all that shit and draw more attention on myself, theyre known for backing eachother up anyway so theyd probably go with the 'who are you gonna believe' shit basically, i have no proof. ..about the guy with the broken nose, he's one of the two sittin in the cell, not exactly innocent as far as the law is concerned, but i dont even have to get started on the subject if they deserve it or not

10. captaindreadlock

captaindreadlock Member

thats messed up

11. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Damn... Maybe its best if you wear a hat around that area then :p Lol or even a wig under your hat over your dreads xD

It annoys me how others seem to have put so much fear on us, making them superior :(

12. phen

phen Member

i aint gonna hide my dreads for those shits, i'd rather rub them in their face lol. all of that didnt really change anything except now i have one of those experiences myself..about all those stories i keep hearing. it started from dreads so i thought i'd share the experience here lol.

13. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

its defo a story to tell the grand-kiddies =]

14. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

crazy :S

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i was arrested for conspiracy to shoot the president bacause i had dreads and a poorly designed map to qw protest i didnt even attend in my pocketr

its all about harrassment thgey like to feel superiur so harrass anyone they feel is inferiuyr for any reason (not a mindless robot of the sytem)

back a number of years theyd use tactics likew backing down the street so u cant see the number on the car, puttinbg tape over theyre badge numbers, comming up to you at your fronjt door acusing you of trying to break into your own house, then tellinbg you to prove you lived there by opening the door and soon as u do they storm in beatting everyone and illegaly searchjuing

you have to stand up to it if ui want it to end
    get5 legaL AID
    EVERY CASE THAT PROVES THEY PULL THESE TACTICSA HELPS
    1ST THEY GETY SUSPENDED DURING THE INVESTIGATION, THEN WHEN ITS PROVEN THEY ASCTED WRONGLY THEWY CAN BE FIRED

ONE LESS BAD COP ON THE STREETR
    ITS A GOOD THING
    AND YOU KNOW YOUR IN THE RIGHT TO DO SO

I'LL TRELL YOU WHJEN I WAS YTOUNG I WAS INVOLVED IN SQUATTING, AND WE TOOK OVER AN ABANDIONED FIREHOUYSE TO CREATRE A SHELTER SPACE FOR HOMELESS (LEGALY ANY CITY OWNED BUILDONGH COULD BE TAKEN OVER LEGALY IF THE FRONT DOORS OPEN WICH IT WAS) WE WERE ARRESTED AND HARRASSED HORRIBLY THEN RELEASED UNCHARGED SINCE WE DID THINGS LEGALY
    THE NEXT DAY I WSS SITTING IN THE MAYORES ACTION CENTER TALKING TO THE HEAD OF IT, SHE MADE A FEWW PHONE CALLS AND EVEN HELPED US WITH INFO THAT SHE SHOULDNT HAVE
    THGE NEXT DATY ARNMED WITH THE INFO SHED GIVEN US WE OPENED UP A HOTEL AND BAR GOT THE FULL SUPORT OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND MADE A COMMUNITY CENTER FREE LIBRARY AND FREE KITCHENM IN IT
    THE VERY SAME COPS THAT HARRASSED US CAME BY DAILY, THIS TIME TO HELP OUT, WE GOT TO BE ON 1ST NAME BASSIS'S WITH THEM GIT VERY FREINDLY AND EVEN HELPED ONE TRACK A PURSE SNATCHER (THE COP LOST THE GUY, I FOLLOWED HIM TO A BAR, HUNG OUT TALKING TO HIM AWHILE THEN WHERN HE LEFT HAD TO CALL THE COP AND LET HIM KNOW WHERE HE WAS)
    MY POINT HERE IS THEY CAN ONLY DISTRESPECT YOU IF U LET THEM WALK ALL OVER YOU
    OFTEN IVE SEEN PEOPLE PULLED OVER AND WHEN ASKED TO STEP OUT OF THE CAR THEY REFUSE UNLESS GIVEN A SPECIFIC LEGAL REASONMJ WHY THERY SGHOULD
    YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT BE HARRASSED AND SEARCHED ON THE STREEWT ILEGALUY SO DEMAND TO KEEP THAST RIGHT AND FIGHT THE ILLEGAL SEARCH
    SUE THEM FOR WRONGFUL ARRESST AHND DETAINMENT
    OTHERWUISE THEY'LL NEVER BE XDISAP;LINED AND WILL KEEP DOING IT TO ANY DREADY THEY SEE

AT THE VERY LEAST CALL FOR FREE LEGAL COUNCELING TO DISCUSS WHATR CANBE DONE
    BUT DONTR JUST ACCEPT IT OR IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE

16. phen

phen Member

really appreciate it, but im currently not in a position where the juice would be worth the squeeze for irrelevant but personally important reasons... i'm not the type of person to let these kind of things slide though if i can help it

awesome inspiring story tho

17. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

Hey Phen, sorry totally off topic, if you're Estonian your English skills are seriously good, you should be proud of yourself, I'm well impressed. (I'm just interested in languages hence the comment) :D As for your tale that's really shit yet it doesn't surprise me.

18. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Hm.
    Kinda makes me hate the system even more.

Dude sorry about your injustice.
    If this happened in America you could surely sue.

19. phen

phen Member

haha, thanks...just always been interested in english from when i was a little kid watchin english cartoons, just kinda stuck. english is just..more ripe, its even kind of easier to think in english in a way. that barely goes for the oral part though, mostly because of little to no practice, but also the crazy pronouncing n all that differences

20. Spookytheferret

Spookytheferret Member

wow. that is amazing. i cannot even put into words what i thought as i read this, it was a sadness, an anger, a pity...i look around and see all the love there is in the world, and how wonderful it could be if everyone opened their eyes to see it.