What all are you prescribed?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by etkearne, Mar 16, 2012.

1. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

This is simple. Simply list all of the medications, both abuseable and non-abuseable, that you are actually prescribed. So include both opioids and blood pressure pills!

I am prescribed currently:

- 5 mg Zyprexa every night
    - 225 mg Effexor XR every night
    - 15 mg Adderall IR three times per day
    - 0.75 mg Klonopin every night
    - 4 mg Suboxone Film once a day (although I only take 2.5 mg per day)

It seems like a lot but it is WAY less than I took when I was less stabilized.

2. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I'm prescribed 300 mg trileptal, 1 mg klonopin, 30 mg remeron and birth control.. but I only take the klonopin and birth control currently.. until I get back to see the doc at least, the trileptal makes me have to pee every 15 mins and the remeron makes me waaaaaay too hungry, like I feel like I could spend all my time in my kitchen and still never be satiated, fuck that

3. etkearne

In one point of my mental illness journey when I was labeled Bipolar I instead of the current Schizoaffective Disorder (the two are very close), I was on Trileptal. I have to say, it is one of the worst psych. meds I have ever been subjected to.

Not only did it barely do anything...all I noticed was a slight lessening in my aggressive temper...but it's side effects were fucking nasty as heck. I was tired all of the time. It made my depression worse. And although not a problem for people who don't like sun tanning, I had an issue.

I am of English and Irish descent, but I am rather dark skinned for that ancestry. I tan more like an Italian and have beige ish skin not pinkish. I had only gotten sunburned once or twice in my life prior to Trileptal. But in the ten months I took it, including one summer, my poor skin suffered so many burns it was insane. Even in clouded skies I got red as a lobster and i couldn't even build a base tan! I know it wouldn't bother most people, but it pissed me off as my bronzed skin gives me a confidence boost.

4. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

I get currently prescribed to me:
    120-10/325 hydrocodone/APAP
    90-20mg amphetamine salts (Adderal)
    30-4mg tizidine
    And I really wish I could round this off with a benzo script
    That would be perfect like some 5mg Valium or .5mg Xanax either 2-3
    Times a day god that would be perfect.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I got nuffin..[​IMG]

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I got nuffin' too. I've been off scripts for almost 3 years.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Some crap that don't work...

NEXT!

8. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Prozac
    abilify

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To reply fairly - Before I went destitute and had to stop my meds, I was on:

Effexor
    Provigil
    Neurontin
    Trammadol
    Hydrocodone

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Atacand 16mg For Mild Blood Pressure...:).

Cheers Glen.

11. Lodog

Lodog ¿

nothing

12. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

suboxone and loving it

13. etkearne

Lots of people on the old antipscyhotic + antidepressant + benzo combination. Doctors must think it does wonders or something! I was on "only" that about six years ago and it helped the "positive" schizophrenic symptoms but not the "negative" ones or the latent AD/HD (inattentive type).

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i dont really get the benzo + amphetamine salt combination.

i'm not on anything but zofran for nausea which i dont even take because it was originally designed for chemo patients and I think its a bit unneccessary in my case..so thats all i have to contribute :)

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

tylenol 3

yeah..i live on the edge of madness

16. etkearne

The inclusion of the benzo is a mere relic of a past regimen. About five years ago, before stabilized, my psychiatrist simply had to heavily sedate me with Klonopin (4 mg a day at one point) until we could find something better. But, of course, benzos are incredibly prone to cause physical dependence even in complete void of mental craving or want.

So in four years, I have weaned myself (the doctor surprisingly never told me to do it) from 4 mg a day to the current 0.5-0.75 mg per day. I resent taking it because now that my mind is free, I actually desire to live...to stay up...and the benzo haunts me from my past. I hope within a year it will be gone for good.

17. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

4 years at first glance sounds like a long time to wean yourself off a drug, but with benzo's it can take that long. It's very hard to get off of them.

18. etkearne

Yes. It really can take that long. Benzos ar evil essentially. I am going as fast as I comfortably can.

19. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Shortly after leaving the military I was experiencing severe anxiety and some other things which I didn't realize at the time were panic attacks. So my doctor prescribed Oxazepam, which really helped. I mean, my resting heart rate at times was over 120. And the Oxazepam really chilled me out. Since I was being treated by a VA doctor, all my medication refills had to come from the VA. It's not like I could stop in at Walgreen's and get my meds refilled, and that's still my situation today. Anyway, the facility where I was being treated was 80 miles away, so all my refills had to come by mail, unless I wanted to take a day off work and drive 160 miles round-trip to get a refill. And sometimes the refills would come in late (and they still do). Well, after being on this Oxazepam a couple months, I had a refill come in about 2 weeks late. And it was a nightmare. I've never been through anything like that in my life. I literally thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I won't go into all the details, but it was nasty, compounded by the fact that I didn't know what was causing it. Then my Oxazepam refill finally came in and I took one, and everything was back to normal in 20 min. And my doctor never said a word to me about this when he prescribed it to me. Yes, there was literature which came with the meds that said it was habit-forming, but not one mention of the symptoms of withdrawal. Such as "extreme paranoia, insomnia, extreme sensitivity to heat or cold, increased skin sensitivity and a generalized feeling that you're losing your fucking mind."

20. etkearne

Yeah. I kind of wish the psychiatrist would have warned me that I would be struggling to get off the shit like 6 years after he put me on it! And it's not like benzos are fun or anything. The point where i am now, they just interfere with my life because they make me so damned tired. It is ridiculous. The same goes for some of the SSRIs and SNRIs as well. The docs hand them out like they are child's play, but the discontinuation symptoms can be so awful for some people that they stay on them long after they don't need to.