We've covered School shootings. Now lets tackle Chicago.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NotMyRealName, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You're basically trolling the thread with racial epithets. You want us to believe that there is a problem with one race or another? Get your facts straight. You're not going to get anywhere just coming with this "It's African Americans who are on welfare causing all our troubles". What is social welfare for? You seem to think that all this could be avoided if people would go to work. But you're not aware of the fact or seem not to be that many of the out of work population have tried to go to work and failed. There are very limited opportunities for many of these people. What about people who have been convicted of a crime? How well do you think they get by?

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I notice people are hot to jump on certain things I have said, but no one is going anywhere near what I have said about single black moms with 10 kids from 7 baby daddies sitting at home living off welfare.

3. soulcompromise

It's not only African Americans. And they are at a significant disadvantage for getting viable employment. That's the short version...

4. machinist

Social welfare becomes a problem once it incentivizes people with a free pass to be lazy with no plans of ever improving thekr situation.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Because it comes across like you're saying that just to provoke. And you're not providing any empirical data or sources. Just comes across like you're trolling .

You're just repeating typical alt right talking points

I dont really take you seriously to be honest. But I'll respond to what I want. I do what I want

6. machinist

Oh lets have a look at your resume

I see you graduated high school

You learned a trade thereafter.

You have work experience and references.

Looks like youd be a great addition to the team here.

Oooooooh sorry but youre black.

Not going to hire you.

See how ridiculous that is

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

OK so with this logic. The majority race is the privileged one? Not only here but in other countries? So can we take say Detroit or Atlanta and say that since there is now Black Privilege on their side in these locations, there should be less black crime and more other races being the predominant crime source? Or lets look at African countries like say Uganda or Nigeria etc. Black population, black founding principles, black privilege. How does their crime look? Are these going to be your "exceptions" if the stats don't look good for these examples?

8. machinist

If by alt right you mean people that have a brain, then guilty as charged.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol

Let me reiterate, repeating typical alt right talking points. I've heard the shit you're spouting thousands of times. Yet I bet you fancy yourself a "free thinker"

10. soulcompromise

There are audit studies where black applicants and white applicants with the same qualifications go apply for many jobs. You guessed it. White people are given the jobs. In fact, a white person with a felony record is more likely to get a job than a black person with no record! They've done this study in Milwaukee and New York City. The results are the same. There is a huge problem with racism in America's culture. And to say that people are poor because they are lazy is implicitly wrong.

I believe in a structural explanation of poverty. You seem to believe an individualistic explanation of poverty.

11. machinist

But guess what, there are perfectly valid reasons for employers to discriminate against black people that have nothing to do with the color of their skin.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think people have a right to limit responsibilities to their own life and also to be rather antisocial (not always the same thing, but easily intertwined).
    It's when they demand or pose as craving respect and to be treated as a reasonable social person in conversations while being antisocial and selfish (to which every individual is entitled! Don't get me wrong on that :)) where we have to be clear and set them straight. Such people are not getting treated as an unworthy convo partner because of their stances. But because how they argumentize them and general way of communicating.

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There are plenty of examples in Africa of one ethnic group having power over the others. You see this in tribal societies all over the world. The US isnt that far removed from tribalism. I wasnt speaking strictly of whites persecuting blacks. In some countries the difference between the oppressed ethnic group and ethnic group in power isnt even discernable to an outsider

You guys do know there are people alive today who lived through apartheid in the Jim Crow South right. Stop acting like we're that far removed from it

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No it's not. It's simply stating a fact, not attributing responsibily for it.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think the killings in Chicago were with poison darts or machetes. Gun violence as a lot to do with it. And there's even higher homicide rates in other cities you're ignoring. Why is that? Don't they count too?
    Killing school children gets the attention of people who (1) like children; (2) think it could happen to theirs. Killings in Chicago are disproportionately confined to five of 77 neighborhoods.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  16. soulcompromise

That's why there's a need for affirmative action.

and there's more, but it's too much reading for our attention span. Basically affirmative action has been implemented voluntarily with stunning results by many companies. It has provided jobs for women and women and men of color where it has been in place. But it isn't available everywhere, yet. There's also discussion about whether or not affirmative action takes away jobs from deserving people. I say it doesn't.

But we're off track now.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's what they used to say about the Irish. A bunch of violent, lazy drunks! And of course we all knew about those Italians.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

Yeah. The Irish were slaves at some point. The English held them in contemptuous regard. They used to say "The only good Irishman is a dead Irishman". During the 19th and 20th centuries the Irish and Italian and some other races became largely known as "white" whereas previously I think it was either only English or English and Spanish who were "white".

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If you had a better education, you'd realize how stupidly simplistic that comment is. If racist trolls would get an education, that would be a start to some intelligent discussion.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Unless of course when they are being unreasonable on purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.