Westboro Baptist's Facebook Hacked

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Westburo Baptist Church deserved to be hacked.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup. And all gays and lesbians deserve to fry in hell.

Right.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Wrong, but that is a completely different topic.
    Freedom of speech should be universal and that means that some people will say things that you don't agree with. But still, they should be allowed to express them.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

normally, I'd totally agree with you on defense of freedom of speech; but these guy are sickos, they are causing so much pain and suffering.... I really feel they don't have the right to do that, that what they're doing is so cruel everything should be done to stop it because of the suffering it causes.
    They're planning on picketing the funerals of the people who died in Boston too, btw.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I don't agree with them and I chuckle when their Facebook gets hacked, but fundamentally I am in favor of free speech, however idiotic it may seem.
    And who knows, they might be right. God might be on their side, we can't be sure of that, just as we can't be sure that god actually exists.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

That is one of the topics exactly. Hate mongering is not acceptable and does not qualify under the term "freedom of speech". Otherwise you could fit any kind of bullshit into that.

Like what they said about all people with a skin color other than pure milky white not so long ago? It is your famous freedom of speech that seems to know no boundaries that breeds religious fanatics like the Westboro Baptists.

Just listen to some of this horseshit:

"WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, FAG TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED"

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No one is taking away their freedom of speech, but just because someone has a legal right to say what they want doesn't mean people are immune to what they say and it doesn't mean they won't face retaliation for their hate speech.

This is nothing. I'm really surprised they haven't gotten their asses kicked or even killed yet.

10. Aerianne

I don't think anyone takes WBC seriously, anyway.

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Freedom of speech has it's dark sides, but I rather have free speech with dark sides than the government telling me exactly what I can and can not say and being punished if I say something that the 'law' doesn't approve of.

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I disagree completely with what they say and I do recognise that people are not immune to what they say. What I do is just not take serious what they say and laugh at them instead. I take them for what they are: idiots, but idiots who also have a right to express what they think and feel. And if they feel that gays are bad for example, they should have the right to express that, just as much as I can express that they are a bunch of idiots.

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I have no love for these people , the WBC . They teach there little kids that God hates the Jews when Jesus him self was a Jew . They protest at the burrial services for dead solgers , and a bunch of other stuff .

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Perhaps those mourning their loved ones at the funerals they protest do?

15. Aerianne

I'm sure the grieving families are angered but they don't believe what WBC says - they don't take WBC's "message" seriously. They don't believe that WBC speaks for God.

16. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

2 of many you tube videos on the WBC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV1iUsB_tuo"]Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_ok0MaLSQ"]Brainwashed by the Westboro Baptist Church (Part 2/2) - YouTube

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Freedom of speech was never intended for sick morons to to spread hate and bigotry any more than the right to bear arms was intended for Joe suburbanite to hoard automatic assault weapons to protect his meth lab.

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Well obviously. But you don't have to believe in something to take it seriously, or for it to have a serious affect.

19. Aerianne

I agree. That's why I'm affiliated with Angel Action Atlanta. Angel Action Atlanta, and similar groups in other cities, go and counter-protest WBC. Angel Action is the group wearing giant angel wings that stands between the mourners and WBC to shield the families from some of WBC's shit-talking.

20. AliceP77

AliceP77 Member

I hate those c**ts and I'm on the other side of the world. I find them infuriating and I don't understand why the Boston marathon runners were bombed, when these bastards should have been IMO. Not so much the children, they had no choice, but the looney adults that run the church.