we're touring my baby girls kindergarten today.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mamaKCita, May 17, 2007.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

she's so freaking excited. i'm sad. she's just a baby!!! dave's coming home from work early to go with us. i can't believe kai is 5 already!! i started posting on the forums when i was pregnant with her. how crazy is that?!

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Awww...how are you feeling about her starting kindergarten? Are you cool with it? I was a mess when Kylan started, and Ky was not happy at all about going to kindergarten, which made it even worse. Everyday I still hear how he hates school and can't wait to come home. I don't understand it though, he's super popular with all the kids, he gets fantastic grades, but he'd still rather be home. Now my baby is going into 2nd grade this fall, and my twins are turning 4 year old in 10 days! *sniffs* Before I know it, in another year they'll be in kindergarten, and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I started crying last night while picking out supplies for their party. I'm such a damn sap.

Out of the twins, I know Sylas is going to have a hell of a time when it comes to going to kindergarten. My boys are total mama's boys. Now Mayzie on the other hand, I think she's going to adjust quite well. She seems interested in the whole school thing. She said "I know you'll miss me when I go to school mommy, but I'll come back and give you a big hug and a kiss!" Sylas says "I hate school, and I'm not ever going". Ahhh, just like his big brother!

Anyway. I've got one more year of having the twins to myself.

3. mamaKCita

kai can't wait to see the last of me. the school she's going to is REALLY small. i'm definitely not ready for her to ride the bus, though. she's still the sort to wander off and get lost because she doesn't know what to do.

4. hippychickmommy

I have to drive Ky to and from school everyday because he's an O.E. student in another school district. I lucked out and got him in one of the really good schools around here through open enrollment when he started kindergarten. You have to reapply every year, but we didn't have a problem getting him back in last year or for this fall. It's like, they tell you it's not guaranteed that they'll get back in, but my husband is an alumni of the school and just about all of my in-laws are from that area, plus my own father, so it's been to our advantage. They take all that into consideration.

But I don't think I'd have him ride the bus anyway. I'd still take him and pick him up.

5. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Oh she'll miss you. She may not scream and cry like some kids, but she'll miss you. My mom didn't let me ride the bus until I was in second grade. I remember she would even pin my bus number to my shirt in the mornings until she felt like I could remember my bus number. hahaha

6. hippychickmommy

I think my Mayzie would adore your Kai. From the things you've said about her in previous posts, they sound a lot alike!

7. hippychickmommy

When is her first day by-the-way?

Ky has to go back the 27th of August. That just sucks. I wish they'd wait until after Labor Day like they did when we were kids. Well, they just recently, within the past two years, started having the kids around here go back at the end of August. When he started kindergarten, it wasn't until mid September. They started a little later than the rest of the school.

8. mamaKCita

she starts in september. she has to go for assessment testing at the beginning of the year. talk about your stress.

9. hippychickmommy

Yeah, they did those stupid tests here too. I'm like WTH, it's kindergarten, not college. [​IMG] Nothing like prelabeling a kid before they even start school.

10. mamaKCita

i hate it. my brother was a slow starter, and then they just kept him there. forgot all about him.

11. hippychickmommy

That's why I didn't tell them that I supposedly have ADD. They asked, point blank about that on his enrollment forms, and I'm like, yeah right, I'm going to give them that little tidbit of information so the moment my son shows any sign, no matter how small, that he could *possibly* have ADD, they'll be all over that like flies on crap.