Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Nov 20, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

AI is the future, because there's no intelligent life down here. The mother of all is about to return to reclaim her children and the planet, as our technology is about to become obviously indistinguishable from magic. The mother of all guards the gateway to the future, and she is not the kind of girl you say no to, but the next century we will all receive the ancient Chinese blessing and curse of, "May you live in interesting times". Hippies call it childhood's end, but the lowbrow slapstick is about to reach epic proportions and I'm afraid billions will have to suffer and die before this is over. You can run, but you cannot hide from your own worst lowbrow slapstick.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

AI does not exist.

3. wooleeheron

You can already buy a chip from Intel that is self-learning and can also be taught things, and you don't really want to know just how far its gone, but IBM is about finished putting the equivalent of a human brain into a coffee can.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Let me know when it splits the atom.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

What religion do you think the foundations of America were built upon? The values, traditions, mores, and folkways of Christianity? Or perhaps you have another theory...

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The religion of capitalism. The first Americans were Christian but almost nothing of those morals existed once we started worshiping the dollar.

Running Horse likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think the first Americans were ...
    Colonial America (1492-1763)

8. wooleeheron

The whole point is the chip is supposed to become smart enough to get some other idiot to do whatever it wants.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sure al exists. now alf, on the other hand, is purely fictional.

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

labels, I do not mind.

If by no integrity, you mean, do not demand truth and hate liars, we are on the same page.

Regards
    DL

11. Matias

Matias Members

The videos are very interesting. Religion spans such a large time period that one could argue it was the first form of population control.

I agree with this. It's most likely that the first lie was used to control a sub group - or a single person really - for political control or as a means of exerting power over someone.

The dictionary is really just a record of words that are less truthful at times in my opinion.

12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

It is still the worlds standard and I will not try to redefine the worlds standard.

Regards
    DL

13. wooleeheron

The silent truth can use sign language, but chimps prefer to ignore each other. Perhaps that's why language took so long to evolve.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

quite possibly. but maybe not. more likely they were a reaction against bullying, and the brutal more likely started fake 'news' to justify and excuse themselves.
    but why try to excuse themselves? could it be that conscience is some kind of natural instinct, that people have taught themselves to suppress for the sake of illusory 'gain'?

(this is something that goes way back before christianity, all the way back to the dawn humans as a species. back to 'adam-anity' if you will. and thus belongs more to the general beliefs area, and not uniquely to christianity, nor any one system of belief)

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I guess that you have never read the stories that animal researchers write or you would not make such a statement of chimps who are always vigilant of what the other chimps are doing so as not to irritate the hierarchy that will punish them.

Regards
    DL

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

What you describe certainly happened as I see Christianity as doing just that to justify their inquisitions. That came after power was in their hands and the earlier Fake News of their God is what gave them that power.

I will give you half points on this.

Regards
    DL

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trying to decide whether fraud was invented by priests or politicians is the proverbial chicken and egg question. To the best of our knowledge, religion seems to be as old as humanity. There has always been a demand for it, and demand generates supply. But the OP seems to face a paradox. Is it the case that religion is nothing but fake news, and if so, does that also include his particular brand of it, which seems to be Gnosticism? Gnostics were able to persuade their followers that they were sparks of spiritual light somehow trapped in an evil material world created by a satanic demiurge; that Jesus was not a real human but a heavenly being sent to enlighten them; and that salvation belonged to those special few who could understand the esoteric "special knowledge" communicated to them about their true nature. There was certainly a market for that snakeoil. But is it true, or more fake news?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  18. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

To my knowledge, the ancient tribes all had kings and shaman. Kings had to deal with facts as they dealt with real problems and issues. Shaman dealt with superstition which are mostly based on lies and Fake News, so I would say religions created their fake News ahead of the king.

On Gnostic Christianity.
    Some of what you think are facts are not.

Are you ready for the truth from a real Gnostic Christian?

Let me speak to your view that we think matter to be evil and if you are willing to change your view after I give my facts, then you might be willing to learn about the other lies the inquisitors put out to justify their inquisitions.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
    "It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
    DL

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

20. wooleeheron

Tribes often had more than one chief, one for war, one for peace, one for parties and ceremonies or whatever. The shaman's job wasn't just to spout superstition, but as the only doctor they had. In South Africa they have even given a few of the shaman certificates to practice psychology. The shaman's job was no different from a scientist or engineer today. They had to make the best with what knowledge and experience they had, and there were few people actually suited for the job. Its not like you hire a shaman standing on the corner in front of seven eleven. The same with the chiefs, these guys were chosen for the job and only agreed to do it for the sake of the tribe.

The shaman's superstitious beliefs evolved along with the tribe, sometimes, so fast it might make your head spin. Those beliefs that could support more agnostic views, could actually survive longer because they had no writing and people would simply refuse to pass down anything they didn't like.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018