We're not a GROUP, We're a FAMILY !!!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by TradinBill, Jun 21, 2006.

1. TradinBill

TradinBill Member

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

the permit regs are not specific, they are for a noncommercial group
    does barter & giving count as a commercial transaction?
    & shutup fattass..heeheehee

3. Lis

Lis Member

I understand your stance, but in-fact you are not all related in the terms of today's understanding so you are technically an otherwise "group of people" why doesn't someone just bite the bullet and sign the stupid thing and avoid all this hassle! Seriously, if I were involved with this event, I would print and sign my legal name and give them their silly permit so that all the harrassment would just end. period. done. now let's enjoy why we came here and stop talking to cops and people who aren't interested in the gathering!

4. Normlzach

Normlzach Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Then the MAN wins, I personally don't like it when the MAN wins

5. Normlzach

Normlzach Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

- First Amendment to the US Constitution

6. Bhumi47

Bhumi47 Member

And wait til you get the 750,000 bill from the forest service...

You and your grandchildren can pay it for the next 75 years..

Personally, You don't know anything do you.

In Fact, i would bet that the Lizard has never even been to a gathering.

Who cares what you think anyway

Babylon Beeeotch.

HA HA
    Boomer

7. soaringeagle

you are 1 person willing to put yourself on the line for 30000 others? & theyre actions? every injury illness misdead then is on your head, you will be legaly responcible for every single person theres actions as well as medical bills, and, also you could be stuck with the bill for the police, & fs incident team & much more
    not to mention, you will be saying to the government here let me sign your permission slip to trash the bill of rights
    i know you mean well, but this is not an issue we can budge on, not only for purselves, but for ebvery person in the country who depend on that bill of rights to keep this country from going to hell

8. wild_juniper

wild_juniper Member

Thank you SoaringEaGle, I wish everyone could understand that concept too. By the way, do you yell out free rainbow hugs when your HOME?

9. soaringeagle

nope thats not me..i dont advertise...dont need to

10. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Silly arguement, since US v Kalb, et al. If you support the Constitution, you gotta support this part too:

Article 3 - The Judicial Branch

Section 1 - Judicial Powers

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

11. Lis

Lis Member

I've signed a lot of contracts in my life. Why don't you just add a paragraph about how you are complying with the permit, but you personally will not be held responsible for the actions of others. If they don't like it, they can make everyone sign one. Sounds to me like one permit, per group. I just see you guys losing by not having the true experience you are seeking over a silly piece of paper. What are they going to do trash your credit? so get someone out of the 30000 who already had bad credit and doesn't care. Or hey sign a fake name? In the research I have done in the last couple of days that in gatherings past someone usually just signs the permit and then things calm down with the forrest service and everybody wins.

Good for you for having a cause, it's just a shame that it is inturrupting the purpose of why you are here in the first place.

12. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

no one gets it... one by one they take away your rights and you sit there with a smile, they are my goverment they must know whats good for me....

Its a sad sad thing.....

Mike...

13. lostalot

lostalot Member

An excerpt from: http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/nfs-regs/fs-training.html

The [new group] rule requires a permit for noncommercial group uses of National Forest System lands. Under the rule, a "group use" is an activity that involves a group of 75 or more people, either as participants or spectators. "Noncommercial" is any use or activity where an entry or participation fee is not charged, and the primary purpose is not the sale of a good or service.
    -----------
    What makes the permit unnecessary are the facts that
    -no campsite has more than 75 people anywhere at the gathering
    -there is no organization in charge (therefore, who signs?)
    -and no money is exchanged.

That aside... I don't care if a permit is signed or not - I'm going. I am an individual that does not need permission to borrow what nature has generously provided.

I know of people that won't go if a permit is signed and all I had to say was, "Then the man has won. That was their intent all along".

peace, nomad

14. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

permits an back door deals been goin on long time. thats irrelavent as well.. the shit that gos down every year is just that,.. but i love my family who sits there an plays cat an mouse..

the family i know is only defending there home and trying to get family in..

love n light

15. lostalot

lostalot Member

Remember to love yourself.

Impeach Bush

BUT

16. hippiehillbilly

impeach?? hehhehe gotta get outta the woods an into babylon to do that dont ya???

heehhehehehehhehehhe,,..

we shall be there in spirit,...

we love you..

17. Lis

Lis Member

No I dont' belive everything the government does is automatically right. I think it's a sad thing that you let a stupid, unconstitutional, therefore uninforcable permit stand in your way. You guys would rather push past road blocks and have guns drawn and rocks thrown at your "peaceful gathering"

If it weren't for government protecting the forests, than any multi-millionare could buy up the land and develop it to his desire. Make it private land. Just because it's public land doesn't mean it doesn't have to be maintained and protected. I belive that you guys take good care of the forest and leave it in better condition than when you arrived, but there is still an organization who supplies things like 10 dumpsters that need to be emptied daily during your event, and they have the right to plan ahead and know what and how many to expect for this "un-organized" event. Someone picked the date. Someone suggested the location. Someone came and scouted it out... It's not as if you are all summoned super-naturally every year.

I think it's great good for you. Don't let the politics get in your way. Be bigger than "the man"

18. soaringeagle

sorry sis, we do not have 10 dumpsters that need emptying every day..we do all that ourselvesalways have always will & we carry our own trash out at least 100 miles from the site in all directions to minimize impact on local recycling & landfils
    additionaly, there is no ghroup of over 75 to be a part of you go as 1 person, in a vehicle with maybe 10, maybe camp in a group of 20
    but you are still only 1 person acting as 1 person
    if you say accidently walk up on a kkk ralley, you are in the same place as 1000 kkk folks, does that make you a part of the kkk & therefore respomcible for everything they say or do?

19. hippiehillbilly

lets remember there was a nazi camp at last years gathering.. :p

love n light..

20. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Lis, you really need to do some background study on this issue. The FS will not allow anyone to sign a permit being responsible for only themselves, it's been tried; permit applications that do not encompass the Rainbow Family as a whole are not accepted; No permits for individuals (who by the regulations cited are not required to have a permit), No permits filed by specific kitchens; the FS won't budge on these issues despite the Rainbow Family's cooperation on other requirements that the FS has placed on the Rainbow Family (such as requiring certain numbers of latrines built to FS specifications)

Study the whole issue; then come back & tell us who is being unreasonable

(ps. what exactly is your definition of the 'purpose' of a Rainbow Gathering? If you check previous threads, you will find that the 'purpose' is many things to many people. If the Prayer for Peace is your definition of the 'purpose'; the lack of a FS permit will not stop that; those that come for the Prayer will pray even if they have to take tickets, even if they have to circle in the middle of a major roadway; the Prayer will happen!)