Welt Up

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 6, 2006.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

if I get scratched even the least tiny bit I end up with a big welt from it and it itches like crazy. One of the pups was playing with me and noy my hand itches and full of welts from her tiny little claws on her feet and also from chewing on me.

2. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

maybe you are allergic.

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Cat scratch fever is real and unrelated.

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I welt up no matter what it is, animal, metal, wood, anything, just been like that, does not hurt, just welt up and itch, lol

5. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

that sucks.

6. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

weird - I've been suffering with some itchy ecsma type rash for a year now - but never had it in my life.Then today I turned on the radio and they were discussing itches and what causes them - theres all kinds of different reasons and some are just unexplainable - one pregnant woman had persistant itching here and there and they discovered it was an indicator of unnormally high levels of bile acid in the liver which in turn lead to cardiac problems through which she lost the baby.also my name is Richard and my older brother when we were younger used to call me 'Rich the Itch' - cos he unkindly said I was like an itch he couldn't scratch - I punched him on the chin one day,forgetting he was a rugby player and he just picked me up by my feet and hung me from the cieling - i was too little to do anything - git.love him now tho

7. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

^I have a problem like that with my back but it's been like that for more then a year.

8. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

fingernail tracks? *g*

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Oh, damn, why didnt I think of that. Duh. :D

10. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Stinging in the shower didn't register?
    *shivers just thinking bout that*

11. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Sounds like Urticaria, commonly known as hives. Antihistimines help if you can take them (some people have trouble). I had a severe case a few years ago (probably caused by a stomach virus...weird). I could scratch things on my skin lightly with my fingernails and about 30 minutes later they would show up as HUGE welts. Shades of THE EXORCIST. I throughly freaked my kids out for a few hours by having words show up on my stomach, arms, and legs. It finally went away in a few days.

12. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

lol nightwriter...

i also get welps that look horrible... very very easily. i go to try on bras and my torso is covered in them.... it's just weird.