Welcome!

Discussion in 'The Red Tent' started by FlowerMama, May 13, 2013.

1. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

In tribal times, women used to gather in a tent or lodge when they were on their period (or menstruation cycle/moon cycle etc.)
    Generally the women would have the same cycle as they all lived so closely to one another and would gather at this time to discuss, encourage and promote new ideas.
    That is what I want to promote here - the sacredness and spirituality of our sex and the purity of our bodies.

Anything can be discussed here; whether it's issues or problems, interests, mothering questions or helpful suggestions.

This is the Red Tent - our special place to come together as women to support each other.

Peace,
    ~ FlowerMama

2. skip

skip Founder Staff Member

Good luck with your new forum! :)

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Those days are in my past, due to surgery, but I think this is a great idea!

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oh this is a really cool idea!!

5. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

If anyone has read the Wheel of Time, the Aes Sedai and Aeil women have life down pat for themselves. Even though written by a man, he did us proud :D

6. etherea

etherea mother of the idiot children

I'm all for us supporting each other. I am past menstruation but hopefully my life experience (age;)) can bring something to the table. :seeya:

7. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I think that a lot of girls are missing out on that old age education from their mothers. Too much personal and sex education today is left up to the school system and that is lacking immensely. Speaking with some of my younger relatives, I have one 13 year old cousin, who is on the verge of puberty and she knows absolutely nothing about what is in store for her. I asked her if she has had 'that' talk with her mother and she said "Mum doesn't have time." Wtf is wrong with that?

Americunt likes this.
  8. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Member

SO true, my parents never had that 'talk' with me either...Thank God for books LOL