Weird Thing of the Day

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Hippie_Jon, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hippie_Jon

Hippie_Jon Noj

When i let my mind wander (usually on the bus home) i start thinking and eventually i will think of something weird and stupid, like why don't airplanes flap their wings like birds do?
    so i wonder does anyone else have ideas like this.

here is one for today.

Banana
    it is a simple word, three small vowel sounds. what i thought is maybe the name came from monkeys. they can make sounds so maybe they produced this chain of vowel sounds that said banana. most words are more complex than this so i don't know but it made sense when i thought it...

so does anyone have any to share?

i'll post more as i think 'em up

JOn

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It puzzles me that Bananas are Magnolias and Spanish Moss is actually a type of pineapple. :D

Musa... you can just look at the structure, though. The genus.. I believe, Musacaea or whatever. It's very Malay/Oceanic/Javanese... even though that's a latin name, it's somewhat pseudofied and bastardized. Scientific names can be like that, from time to time, but I think that just kicks ass.

I mean, the name for the indonesian language is Bahasa... which is a Malay derivative. It's very... prone, to the island of Java, that structure; which also happens to be the very island my mama was born-ed on. :D

It's bizarre, because, I think about little things like that and I too was born on an island. Baranof Island, just North of the Queen Charlotte Islands, in BC... though Baranof is part of the states/Alaska.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baranof_Island

I've always enjoyed the thought of being born on an island.

3. Orsino2

Btw, my kind of thread. Good work.

4. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

i always think of stupid weird shit :D but i never remember it..
    probably cos its usually when i'm stoned

lol

5. Orsino2

Yeah, that's always a good time to think up things like that. It's nice to learn little randomass things like that. Sad part is, most people only remember half of them.

Fortunately, the most I've ever really done is forget a person's name, in that state.

6. Skerb

Skerb Member

don't know if this qualifies, but when i worked in nyc, the commute stunk in the subway. i was not used to the way people just bump the fuck into you there. i then thought about getting an old coat and wiping mustard all over my coat and let the inconsiderate bastards bump away...

7. Orsino2

Whose to say it doesn't happen at some point every day and you just don't take note of it... You know, it's not that difficult. New Yorkers consume hot dogs quite vigerously. :D