weird hippie

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Becknudefck, May 30, 2004.

1. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

I have been known as a Hippie for a while now in my school. I want peace in the world, do drugs,dress like one, are usually mellowed out, listen to all the music, etc. The weird thing is, although i want peace in the world, i am still very violent. I can beat the shit out of alot of the people in my school(though never have and hopefully never will) and i love the violent videogames. This just confuses me lol.

2. joe

joe Banned

Who gives a damn?

Whats really funny is how a so-called hippy conforms themselves to be a hippy

3. Becknudefck

dude you are so right haha

4. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

And you think we care about this why...
    I'm sure you must be a really tough and badass 14yr old girl.

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

You don't say, "I want to be a hippie", it's a way of life, it's who you are. And IMO it sounds like you just woke up one day and wanted to be one.

You want peace but you're violent? You can beat the shit out of anyone? Doesn't sound like you're one to me.

For some people, I'm including myself, sue me, it's a lifestyle. The essence that dictates the way you live life and perform daily activities.

You don't say "I want to be homosexual". You're one from the beginning and you know it.

For some, being a "hippie" is a discovery like it happened to me. I just refer to myself as a hippie joking around, but I don't like to use that term. It sounds like I'm trying too hard.

It's like when people call themselves a bad-ass. If you have to say it, you're not really one.

Sounds more like a phase to me rather than making a decision about your lifestyle. You're still fourteen, do some growing up and Maybe in four years you'll feel different.

6. Becknudefck

no, not badass. not at all

and i didnt decide to be one on any random day. i sort of just became like this over time.

7. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

You're fourteen!! Give it time and experience everything else. See what life has to offer and then decide. Trust me, it's better in the long run.

8. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

What does it matter if you can kick anyone's ass? Big freaking deal. With an attitude like that, you're more likely to get YOUR ass kicked by someone who really IS tough.
    Don't brag about shit like that, you'll get yourself into a situation you won't know how to get out of.

9. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

look kid. its all in your heart alright. if your heart is telling you to be a certain way they roll with it. but in this case im sure its more in your wants and feelings in your head. im sorry but they are right. i havent met one "hippie" that wants to "kick alot of ppl in their school" its just not what happens..look i understand your reaching a point in your life where things are confusing and you may find that a certain image may fit you better...but being a hippie is much more than an image. its just like said above..its a lifestyle. if your a free loving, strong willied, environmental freak, with no wish to conform to the basic laws and rules of society, and a love for the music you listen to with a passion greater and deeper than the vast oceans on this planet, and you can enjoy life to its complete fullest while making a change in ppls life, even if its just tieing someones shoe, you help them, and you have strong beliefs in your self and your mind and its capabilities. with a need to go to california *kidding* im sure you can feel free to say your in the view of a hippie. but dont make an assumption that this is what makes you a hippie. these are things that i just thought off the top of my head in a somewhat joking mind set. like said above. it is a discovery. theres two kind of hippies i think. the naturally born hippies ( my favorite ) in which their parents were part of the counter culture in which they could be refered to be hippies and they raised their kids to be such as them and enflict their rules of life and understanding thus making them what they are. and the discovered hippies. where some part of the lifestyle intriged them and its over time introduced much more things that inspired them even more. thus bringing them to what they are today. i discovered this gift around your age acually. my parents would allways play frampton, and crosby, stills, nash and young,hendrix and the dead and such, and it just came natural that i would enjoy that type of music. after the music came to musicians. their history and lifestyle and it just inspired me i guess you could say. i learned about their beliefs and ways of life and understanding and i tried myself to learn their lifestyle. i dont really like to hear it when ppl say "you call your self a hippie yet you conform to the stereotype of the word hippie" its kinda a contradiction in its self and completely meaningless to argue. if you are a certain way, thats who you are. and its alot easier to just use the word to classify your beliefs and ways of life instead of listing them to describe yourself every time you speak of yourself. im sorry im preaching so much but thats just me. hahaha. anyways. stay true to yourself kid. i know i went through alot of phases at that age and so if it sticks with you im sure you'll come to realize its much more than a phase. my phase is going on 4 years strong so i think its quite a bit more than a phase.. hehe. be true and explore yourself...you never know what you'll find. peace

10. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

You're the exact opposite of what the image shows "Becknudefuck" and you basically proved it's just a phase.

By saying "I could beat anyone up in my school" is a basic determination of your immaturity, your inability to live up to your image as a "hippie", and just your violent nature. In the presence of people on this board who are the image of a "hippie", you wouldn't be taken seriously.

Dark Star said exactly what I wanted to but couldn't, and I agree.

I discovered the lifestyle because I felt I was different from everyone else. I was always preaching about the environment, I had a different through process, a different way of thinking, I was easy going, mellow, I felt strongly about a lot of causes, I dived into the music of that time and I loved it, and I submerged myself into the lifestyle and I never looked back. It's been four years for me as well.

It's all about discovering yourself, and that's what I did. And I proud of it. Going into that lifestyle is a journey of self discovery. It's for some people, and not for some people. You sound like you don't really know what you want.

How could you have felt this way for a long time if you're only fourteen? Puh-lease, what you realized this when you were in the sandbox.

I say it's a phase, clear and simple. If you feel like this when you're twenty or twenty five, then I'll be proven wrong, and I'll apologize.

But until then, take a look at other stuff in life and stop assuming you can beat people up, because as stated above, you're just inviting trouble with that state of mind.

11. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

TerminalMadness: im glad to hear i could help explain yourself better. its allways good to hear that my words can help ppl understand different things.

Becknudefck: what grade are you in? when i was 14 in 7th or 8th grade...i mean honestly i think your a tad bit young to be making any lifestyle desicions. i mean even when i started discovering my self and the life i wanted to live at that age i didnt limit myself to a single classification. or put myself to only a certain lifestyle thats expected of me by anyone thinking im a "hippie". its going to take time to find yourself. i allways knew i was different and had a much deeper heart than most.it just took the proper time and different situations to understand better what was happening to me. dont take the route of "i enjoy classic rock, i smoke pot, and a want to have a hippie movement like in the 60's and i wear tiedye so i must be a hippie" its just not a good way to think because then your just following a classification that the very society that were dissagreeing with gave to you. its pointless to figure yourself out right now because you have life. and life that needs to be lived. no point in sitting in your room night and day to figure yourself out. your 14. who knows what the futures gonna bring you. just live life. follow what you enjoy and after time and experience youll soon realize the person you are. but do not shorten the idea of being a hippie because a few certain things you do in your life. its so much more than i love peace, pot,rock and roll, and tiedye...youll understand eveything later on in life. just live..just live.. ok..

12. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Jesus people, lay off. Don't crowd her with all those deep analagies and theory bullshit; she propably doesn't understand everything that you're saying.

I'll just say this: you never try to be something; because if you do, it isn't for you. You are who you are, you shouldn't need to try to be that.

13. Orsino

Orsino Member

This is kind of funny. Mmm hmm... just suffice your self to the corporate monopoly that wal-mart is, purchase some "instant hippie" pills and take one with food for a week. Voila. Next week you'll have a bong collection and you'll be a burn out that'll be driving that train high on cocaine.

14. kier

kier I R Baboon

i find this sad, maybe i should stop coming to the young forums so often

is she effecting you? has she said anything that upsets you?

if no, why attack her?

why can't she express herself as she likes, if she wants to fit a traditional hippie path, then that's great...she is having fun, she is not hurting anyone...so why all this negativity?

15. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Hey-- if she wants to live the lifestyle then fine, no one is giving her negativity. She wants to live the lifestyle then more power to her; good luck and have fun.

I was merely offering advice that she's really young and maybe should pursue other things before she make the final decision to live the only lifestyle.

She doesn't have to listen to me, it's a free country, but if she didn't want a comment why post it here?

16. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

HAHAHA right!!!!!!!!!!

17. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I did so much growing up between now and when I was 14.

You'll see.

18. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

You probably don't need to make it sound like she's stupid either.

19. Becknudefck

ahh thank you! you people arent giving advice by making fun of someone and acting like a bitch. first, i never said i wanted to get into a fight with someone. perhaps it was how i was brought up that has made me so violent. i had to take 7 years of karate and it was hell. my dad is really pushy and an asshole. dont judge someone before you get to know them.

20. thepixies

thepixies Member

she never called herself a hippy