Weird first trip.

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Share the Warmth, May 29, 2007.

1. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Here's how it happened. I purchased my first 4 doses at a music festival in Greenfield. I take 2 of them and notice a strange tangy taste on the tabs (I was initially suspicious of the pure white paper tabs) and figure it was the real deal. After hanging with my friends for a good hour or more, one of them asks me if I notice any distortion yet. Nope. I take the other two thinking maybe it was just weak acid (is that even possible?) Wait, some more time and nothing seems to change. So we go back to the tent and the guy says he feels bad, swearing that the tabs worked fine for he and his friends and he gives me two more, these ones have a weird pattern on them. So I take them and walk around with my friend, and I don't notice any changes. At this point I've had 6 doses, not being aware of any visual changes and feeling pretty let down by this guy. I mean he's only a few tents away from us and he knew this so I don't see why he'd try to intentionally rip people off who are located right near him. In hindsight though, I think there may have been something mood altering about the first 4 doses of acid my friend and I took as we ended up staying up all night with no desire to sleep and my friend who's very drug experienced did admit that it was a strange experience.

So we're walking around and I find another guy who says he'll sell me doses. I oblige and take two of them. I wait a period of time (I forgot how long) I begin tripping, seeing some crazy distortion in the faces and skin of my friends. A female friends freckles seemed to be shrinking into her skin and popping out in other places, and it looked like there were small things crawling around under her skin.

Even then though, it was not anything like my experience with shrooms had been a year ago where I felt like the universe had been completely altered. I felt like I could still drive a car and function normally under this acid, while being aware of these strange visual distortions.

Is it possible the acid was working to some degree and I just had a higher expectation of it? I have a hard time believing all 8 doses were at work on me this weekend, especially considering this was my first time. 8 doses of real acid should cause someone to trip like crazy, right?

Anyway, never taking acid from an untrustworthy source again.

2. VileKyle

VileKyle Member

Did you touch them? That weakens the hell out of them.

3. alicethecoffeeaddict

alicethecoffeeaddict Member

wow, that sounds bizarre, that must have sucked quite a lot. Even if it was weak you should have been tripping a lot from 8 of them, esspecially considering that you got two from a separate source. Some people react differently to drugs though, one of our mates just doesnt come up off anything all night when everyone else does, and then 6 hours later he's suddenly up while were all coming down. Try and taking some liquid next time, then you can be pretty much sure it's gonna affect you. I've only ever done acid in liquid form and each time it's had the desired effect!

4. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

maybe if you hold them in your hand for like 10 minutes, otherwise, no, it defintaly dosent weaken the hell out of them especially not enough to not feel them.

5. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I touched them for maybe a minute and my friend said "what are you doing, handle them as little as possible!" so I quickly took them. In general when it comes to drugs I'm a lightweight. I mean a bowl of mid grade weed gets me stoned off my ass. Maybe acid effects me differently, or maybe some of that stuff was bunk tabs.

Either way it was a shitty experience. I wanted a really deep trip and I ended up having a mild but strange experience. It effected my mood, but not much in the way of actual tripping. I feel like I only got the negative experiences from acid and none of the positive.

And the comedown really sucked. I mean I was extremely depressed yesterday to the point of beginning to have suicidal thoughts (which I realized were a comedown thing so I just ignored them) and even this morning I felt really off. It feels like I tripped off of one or two tabs and then came down from eight.

I feel good now though. I played my guitar for an hour and did some deep breathing and I feel a lot better and more centered.

It honestly sucked to the point where I probably won't try acid again until I can really trust the source. It was definately a shitty first experience. [​IMG]

6. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

Yes it does weaken them. But, LSD can be absorbed through the pores of your skin.

7. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

I dont think touching them should weaken them that significantly unless they are held for a long time. I mean I just bought a half sheet and had to hold the edges for about 45 seconds or so to cut them into strips, and as far as I know they are perfectly fine. So if you only touch them when your going to eat them otherwise there shouldnt really be any problems

8. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

I have to touch geltabs alot when i rip them and it never seems to matter.

9. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

You just got bunk doses man. 8 hits to even an experienced tripper is a pretty hard trip.

10. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

what im thinking is that 6 were fake and the last two were real. 8 hits is way intense.

11. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

so your trip wasnt extreamly crazy or anything? just little visuals?

12. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

yes it weakens them...but it wouldnt suck lsd out of the blotter to the point where 8 hits would have no effect on you. If you ate 8 hits and didnt trip absolute face then some of them were fake. Also, if you had to think twice about it...like "hmm am i even tripping, oh yeah, i guess I am."...then you definatly were not tripping hard. That never happened to me on acid. When Im tripping, holy hell do i know it.

13. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

There were visuals. I saw my friends faces distorting, freckles dissapearing and reappearing in different places. It was disturbing but nothing overwhelming. I could have driven a car in the state I was in.

I too think that that two of the tabs were real and the rest were fake.

14. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

^yeah...they were weak man, trust me. The visuals on real legit acid are paramount to say the least. What your describing sounds like you ate a gram of shrooms or somehting.

i drive on acid all the time, i dont recomend it, its not a great idea; nor is it safe...but as long as your not peaking out hard its not as difficult as it sounds. I just dont think what your describing sounds like legit dose. The feeling you get from acid is best described as sensory sex. You see all these colors completely syncronized with every sound you hear and a the same time your fucking the colors and the sounds...its fucking beautiful, not strange weird or uncomfortable....

Obviously thats a very rough description of an acid trip and there is much more to it then what i described....but its definatly not uncomfortable unless your like freeking out due to intensity, but it doesnt sound like that was an issue in your case.

15. Bevertje

Bevertje Member

I think you received some other kind of drug... First time I bought "LSD", it was some kind of amphetamine... I did not have any visual, was way too active, got mood lift...

Everytime I took real acid I did not have a bad comedown... It's the other way round, you have the feeling that you are reborn and want to start living asap.

The whole fucked up thing is that you don't know what you take until it starts to work... lets legalize acid and give us testing kits so we don't take other poisons :)

16. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

the tangy taste should of been your first clue.

17. anusthemenace

anusthemenace Member

Im assuming you're talking about Strangecreek...I was there. I heard some of the "acid" was actually DOB (dimethoxy bromoamphetamine). One kid got arrested with a sheet of DOB he was selling as LSD (probably an unknown mistake to him) and 2 people were hospitalized from taking his doses.

DOB is one of the only other drugs that is active in small enough amounts to be feasible to put on blotter but the dosage is still like 5 times as much (common lsd is 200 ug while DOB common dose is 1 mg.

DOB is supposed to still be a pretty hard trip but not as clean or quite as strong as acid can be. DOB is also deadly in doses not far from the recreational dose. unlike acid and causes convulsions. It is relatively new (i think) and is a research chemical.

Also DOB takes up to 3 hours to start working compared to LSD which usually takes no more than an hour.

Not saying I think you ate DOB but just something to be aware of. I tend to get drugs like this at festivals by seeing whose trippin out good and then asking them where they got there stuff and usually they will say what the blotter design was or the pill stamp. This is the nearest you can get to a positive id for drugs like this at festi's without actually knowing the dealer let alone the chemist. I usually shy away from blank blotter but i did get some there and it was most definetly acid. Guy said it was white fluff. Also I definetly don't by off kids. The elders at these type of things have been around awhile and they usually don't screw around.