weird automatic writing while grooving

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Born25YearsTooLate, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

I was meditating, listening to Shambala by 3dog night, drowsed off, and this is what I found on my computer the next morning.

3 dog night - Shambala

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
    With the rain in Shambala
    Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
    With the rain in Shambala

The rain of Shambala signifies spiritual cleansing, a release of the ego, of the attachments. A release of 'troubles, pain, sorrow and shame'.

Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

The chorus is an expression of joy, a tuneless verse of release, a nonsexual orgasm of cartharsis as the ego is released. As it 'means nothing' there is nothing for the ego to attach to, to hold to, and so has no choice but to say 'I don't get it.'

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
    On the road to Shambala
    Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
    On the road to Shambala

When the ego has been silenced, it is easier to see that most people are not harmful by intended action, only by unforseen consequences. Everyone is helpful, and everyone is kind, when seen without the bruising of the ego that comes from the misunderstood interactions of day to day life. There are few who actually intend harm, and that is often just a lashing out of their own ego by its bruising, its own pain, and its own inability to releae its own attachments and expectations.

Here, the chorus is another expression of joy, in this case the cartharsis comes again, this time on the heels of the realization that everyone else in the world is like oneself, that they have their own buddha-nature, their own ego attchments and fears, and that we are not truly so angry at them as we are with ourselves, for 'failing our ego'. The 'letting go' of this anger is what enables the sight that all are the same, and that if we begin to see others as kind, we see our own reflection change as well. No longer do we feel the need to be unkind to ourselves, once we see the kindness of others.

How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala

The inner light of our heart, our spirit, our own buddha-nature begins to manifest as a 'light in the halls'. We begin to see things 'in a new light', from a new perspective, and even from what seems an entirely different world. A place that is not a place, a time that is not a time. A sacred space, a mandala, We begin to become the gateway, the threshold for our own enlightenment, a 'lighting up' of our conciousness, as well as a 'growing lighter' and 'taking ourselves more lightly'.

I can tell my sister by the flowers in her eyes
    On the road to Shambala
    I can tell my brother by the flowers in his eyes
    On the road to Shambala

Once the light within oneself is seen, then it will be seen in the eyes of others. The Lotus Mandala, the shining gateway, will make manifest the microcosm that is the road, the pathway toward the realizing of buddha-nature. Others on the 'road to Shambala' will be recognizeable. Om Namah Shivaya, 'I recognize the divine within' or as stated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswam:
    "Namaḥ Śivāya is the most holy name of God Śiva, recorded at the very center of the Vedas and elaborated in the Śaiva Agamas.
    Na is the Lord's concealing grace, Ma is the world, Śi stands for Śiva, Va is His revealing grace, Ya is the soul. The five elements, too, are embodied in this ancient formula for invocation. Na is earth, Ma is water, Śi is fire, Vā is air, and Ya is ether, or Ākāśa. Many are its meanings. Namaḥ Śivaya has such power, the mere intonation of these syllables reaps its own reward in salvaging the soul from bondage of the treacherous instinctive mind and the steel bands of a perfected externalized intellect. Namaḥ Śivāya quells the instinct, cuts through the steel bands and turns this intellect within and on itself, to face itself and see its ignorance. Sages declare that mantra is life, that mantra is action, that mantra is love and that the repetition of mantra, japa, bursts forth wisdom from within."

Here the cartharsis comes from the true realization that the buddha-nature has been in existance all along, that it had been merely muddied, dirtied and covered, and that by becoming the Lotus Mandala, by recognizing the divine within, the buddha nature, the expression of Namah Sivaya as the name of our soul, by realizing we are motion, sound, gateway, threshold, light and all possible expressions of the buddha-nature inherent in all things, we move farther down the 'road to Shambala'. In this case, We recognize, finally, our own divinity, and because we have passed beyond ego, we have nothing to fear, or to lose, through benevolence and right-action in line with enlightenment.

The 'light within' is fully realized, as is the divinity of the inherent buddha-nature, without ego to cast shadows, the light within, the divine within, is finally released to its full potential and glory, bringing one fully to the 'halls of Shambala' to a destination that one realizes is only a continuing spiritual evolution.

Cartharsis of final realease from one's own self-imposed Karmic bondage. The release of freedom and the choice to act along the intrinisc buddha-nature.

Aerianne likes this.
  2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I don't get what you mean.

You 'found out'?
    you wrote?
    thats your interpretation?
    wtf man?

3. Born25YearsTooLate

whoa. I'm totally fucking late in replying. sorry, bud.

It was some automatic writing I did while asleep, apparently. I went to sleep meditating to the song and woke up with that typed out on my computer desktop the next morning. nobody else could have written it, as nobody else uses my computer, so. it's still a bit odd.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

lmao... yep. 6 years later... :)

5. Born25YearsTooLate

I had a bit of a punctuality problem. lol

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Don't We All...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Born25YearsTooLate likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like automatic squiggles. i use them for maps and floor plans for my 3d mazes.
    i used to do automatic writing in a language it took my many years to assign interpretations to individual letters and numbers.
    oddly enough there was a consistency to the shapes of characters, without any intentional effort about it.

this thread must have been during one of the times when i wasn't around much.

Born25YearsTooLate likes this.