Weed as an anestetic(sp?) ??

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by JamesR420, Jan 15, 2005.

1. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

one time my parents were going to wawshington DC on a friday night and were planning to return saturday evening. well immediatley after school that friday me and the guys picked upa nice bag and then went to my house. As i was constructing a bong and being the dumbass that i am i stabbed my self in the hand. i started buggin out like i always do when i see my own blood not like a crying kinda scared but kinda like a nervous chatterbox. my friend helped me wrap it up in toilet paper and 5 minutes later my 18 year old brother got home from work. He wrapped it up in guaze after dissinfecting with neosporin. this was no minor cut either my friend took a looka t it and said he could see the knife point poking at the other side of my hand before i pulled the knife out. I guess you could say that it hurt like a motherf(_)cker. Well after we got it all wrapped i was goin crazy cuz we didnt know where my mom kept the painkillers, i took some aspirin but it wasnt helping. Me and my friends went out in the backyar dfor a cig and one of em said well dude you may have hurt your hand but if someone carbs for u we can still blaze, so we did. I could tell when i peaked cuz it hit me like a brick and all the pain jsut faded away. I know medicinal drugs are gaining popularity such as cocaine as an anestetic and X to help terminally ill patients cope, i know weed is used for inner body illnesses but what about as an anestetic? anyone know? I mean it worked so good i was able to ride my bike(holding the handlebar firmly cuz it was a rough road) all the way to my friends which is a 15 minute ride.

2. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Marijuana is a good panacea

3. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

wtf...if it was so deep that u could see it on the topside of your palm, why didnt u go get stiches rather than blazing??!?

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

He's just that commited.

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Yeah, you should have gone to the hospital for that, deep puncture wounds can easilly get infected. But I guess it's too late for that.

Yes, marijuana can be used to treat pain, it's often used for that with cancer patients (as well as controling their nausea). It was also very widely used to help women with childbirth, from ancient times up till at least the late 1800s, if not right up until 1937 when it was made illegal.

6. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I'll second the advice to get it looked at--especially if it gets red, swollen, or feels warm. A deep infection is nothing to fuck around with.

Weed has a long history of use as a pain reliever, but it seems to work more by taking your mind off of the pain than actually blocking pain reception (like standard anesthetics/painkillers). Because of this, it isn't a very reliable painkiller. In some cases, it can make you focus even MORE on the pain, making the situation even worse. It helps you become distracted from the pain, though, as long as you have something to be distracted BY.

7. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

well as for stitches i guess i was thinking since my parents were away i couldnt really go to the hospital or sumthing cuz im a military brat so id have to go tot he base hospital and i guess having just stabbed myself i wasnt thinking clearly. It was a thin cut even though it was deep so i just made a fist and that kept it shut but now i got a big purple scar from it cuz i never did get stitches i just kept dissinfecting it and let it heal up on its own

8. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

Pot is damn good for killing the pain. I got a nasty infection in my knee without realizing it, I thought it was and in-grown hair until it got to the point that my knee couldn't move. Well, I went to the doctor and straightened it out as they jabbed me with needles and sliced it open and swabbed samples and all that good stuff. They sent me on my way with painkillers and anti biotics.

Well, second time the infection came around, this time in my calf, I'ld have none of that doctor buisness. When it hurt so much I couldn't walk right again, I went and got mighty ripped off the hookah with a few friends, first time using the hookah to be exact. Walked right upstairs at the peak of the high, nothing but a dull pain in my leg, and sliced a neat little hole with my pocket knife and bled it out. Couldn't feel a thing. Kept it clean and tried to push the shit out on a regular basis while using anti biotic cream, healed up cleaner than the one the doctors took care of and a lot less painfully.

9. Erin

Erin Member

weed is awesome if it wasnt for her id be throwing up all the time, gets rid of pain for sure! it is so fucked up how it can help so much. a ture gift. too bad u cant by a thc tablets something is very wrong... fucking amazing plant!

10. EllisDTripp

Well, would a capsule do?

http://www.marinol.com

Of course, if somebody is puking their guts up, taking a pill isn't going to work very well...

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I have a broken foot (I think, I haven't gone to the hospital or anything) and when I smoke not only does the pain go away but, I can kinda move it.

12. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

I think you did a fine job......

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

From what I've heard, Marinol isn't very active orally, and a lotta people just smoke it.

14. EllisDTripp

Marinol is as active orally as pot brownies are. Slower onset but longer duration than smoking.

15. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I usually smoke some weed when I have my migraines. It seems to work like a charm.

16. intercityvisionary

intercityvisionary Member

yep...yer right "ellis" I had a very nasty toothache...the puffin' did no good what so ever but, for science... I puffin until hydrocodein kickin' in...Got the tooth taken care of...haven't stop puffin' yet..

you can live your life without cannabis..but, why would you want to...

17. Erin

Erin Member

i was thinking for pain then u dont have to smoke it. i dont like having a bong cough

18. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

this past summer my dad was working outside building part of our new deck. Anyways he was using the power saw and cut the shit outta 3 of his fingers,which he still has no feeling in and for some reason he never went to the hospital. I dont know why he never did cuz there was blood all over the house...well anyways since he didnt have any medication or anything I the loving son reached for my bong and weed to let him toke some up. (him not knowing that i smoked before) now he lets me smoke all the time, kinda giving me credit for helping him out.

19. MagicSwhirlingShip

MagicSwhirlingShip Member

marinol defently works. my buddy who has a scrip for it because he has lukemia has it nad i took 9 one time and it fucked me up all day and all night. Even after that when i woke up i still had a light stoned feeling.

20. Dazed4now

Dazed4now Member

wow this if the best forum i have ever found