weed and shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by richm534, May 11, 2007.

1. richm534

richm534 Member

I heard that smoking weed while waiting for the shrooms to kick in is a bad idea because it can diminish the effects (of the shrooms), while smoking after the shrooms have taken effect it can make them slightly stronger or last longer. i sure many of you guys have smoked before your shrooms kicked in and after and what do think it did.

One more thing ill be camping while shrooming so what would having a few beers before they kick in due to my trip? (I dont think ill get sick i shroomed many times before and have no problem eating or the taste of them.)

2. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Personally, I like to experience shrooms without using anything else.

But I dont think weed will diminish the effects of the shrooms. Pretty much you'll just get stoned until the shrooms kick in, and once they do they will overpower the weed anyways.

I wouldn't drink with them either, but thats just me. Camping + shrooms is the best though. Have fun with that.

3. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

The one time I smoked on shrooms I lost the affect of the shrooms and had a bad panic attack.

4. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

I forgot to mention; I smoke a couple times a day, everyday.

So if you dont smoke pot a lot, the effects would be much stronger and could interact differently with the shrooms.

If you blaze everyday, you should be alright. If not, well I'm not sure.

5. cechmangoal1

cechmangoal1 Member

does weed help at all in the event of a bad trip??

6. sOneoo

sOneoo Member

I was already trippin on shrooms and then smoked a joint. It pretty much made the trip alooot stronger...it opens your mind completely haha. Try it.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

it depends on the person, as well as the pot. the effects of weed are always similar, but with a LOT of different nuances at times. i know a number of people who've had panic attacks from smoking pot and not doing anything else, so i wouldnt suggest it as a cure for a bad trip.

much more useful in the event of a "bad" trip would be an anti-anxiety or tranquilizing drug, such as xanax, valium, etc.

wont negate the effects of the psychedelics, but will either calm you down in normal amounts to the point where you're ok, or in extreme cases and larger doses will sedate you to the point of not posing any sort of threat (of ANY kind, whether physical or psychic or whatever) to yourself or others around you, some of whom may also be tripping and susceptable of succumbing to negativity, thus ruining their experience.

if you're taking huge doses and really freak out, though, you may resist taking drugs orally to calm down if someone tries to convince you to. this is why thorazine was traditionally injected in people too far gone on acid or whatever back in the day.....

8. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Not for me.

9. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

I always thought most people smoked weed while they were tripping. I guess not.
    From my many experiences with shrooms weed has always made me trip harder.

10. Viruk

Viruk Member

This is amazing to me. When I smoke weed it makes the shrooms really kick in, also the weed dumbs you down a bit, so you don't get panicy as easy, you are nice and calm.
    I really need weed for shrooms, I can't do them without it, they also calm the nausea.

11. Brutalshroom

Brutalshroom Member

i don't think I've ever eaten shrooms and not smoked. I don't smoke huge amounts at one sitting while tripping, maybe a couple bong tokes or whatnot. Smoking too much while tripping makes me slow and i can't really enjoy the gift of the fungi. If i eat an eighth of shrooms i usually smoke about a dime. stretch it out!

TRIP!

12. red_eye

red_eye Member

smoke before and after and you will be floating on clouds

13. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

I always smoke with my shrooms now, it feels amazing to me. Although one without the other is definitely good too.

14. ESP_Shredder

ESP_Shredder Member

I'll never do mush without weed again. It doesn't really diminish the effects but brings them to a level easier to take. Normally on mush I'm kind of sketchy and edgy but weed totally lets me just flow with the trip. I'm a pretty big pothead though so that might make a difference.

15. seanydizzle

seanydizzle Member

i'm kinda scared to smoke weed with shrooms again. i did it a couple times and it always made me feel overly invincible. i'm suprised i wasnt caught by my parents or my friends parents or anyone. i definately like the effects better though with weed :)

16. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

It depends when you smoke the weed. If you smoke before your trip or right when you consume the mushrooms your trip will have diminished effects. If you smoke during the peak it will make it more intense. If you smoke after the peak it will bring the peak back;

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_experience_faq.shtml

17. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Member

I believe what they mean by "take the edge off" is that it makes the come-up easier. Not as anxious and all that jazz.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

i enjoy it. it just makes me feel nice. i usually make sure i can smoke when i trip (or at least i did in the past - havent tripped in some time....before a month is up i probably will have though :))

some people like it, some dont. personally i feel it adds a nice something extra to the experience, and find little interference with the effects of the mushrooms (doesnt bring the effect back for me, doesnt change the effects of the mushrooms, nothing for me...its just like being high and tripping simultaneously!)

19. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Member

The few times I have tripped, I have smoked as well. IMO weed just makes the effects of the shrooms much greater.