Weed and Relationships

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jahmin, Apr 4, 2007.

1. jahmin

jahmin Member

So I just had a huge fight with my girlfriend, I'm pretty sure it's over. Basically I went out and smoked a few blunts with my boys, came in late and she fucking freaked out on me. Apperently I don't pay enough attention to her, and care more about pot then her (possibly true.) Whatever, this has been coming for a while, I'm not broken up about it.

She said when we first started dating that pot didn't bother her, but it clearly did. She often told me she thought that I shouldn't be smoking and I always told her that I wasn't going to stop. It was a constant argument that finally boiled over tonight.

so my question to you guys/gals is, do you think it's possible for a legit stoner guy (you all know what i mean, smokin' 8 days a week) to hold down a relationship with a girl who doesn't smoke? Not that I wouldn't date a stoner, i just can't seem to find any...

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Sure, relationships can work with a smoker and a non-smoker. It just depends on the person. The girl would either have to be really independent and not bothered by you spending time with your friends to smoke, or she'd have to be laid back enough to enjoy hanging out with you while stoned.

Of course, such a person is hard to find and you'd probably be better off finding a girl that smokes, too. Such a situation might be better, for one, because you'd be able to spend more time together and she'd be less likely to feel left out. Also, if just the two of you ever smoke together you'll be able to have some pretty sweet, connected experiences. :)

3. earthmama120843

earthmama120843 Member

i cant be in a relationship with someone who doesn't smoke pot because i think thats a major part of my life and its something i want to do with the one i love. and if im dating someone who doesn't smoke, it makes me feel like all they think is im a DRUGGIE. and well.. pot isn't a drug, so it pisses me off and we break up. so basically i need a stoner boy.. or bust.

4. greenisthecolour

greenisthecolour Member

pot is most definitely a drug, although not one that should cause huge problems in a relationship. I suppose it's all how you act when you're stoned and how often you do it/how well you can be discreet about it. If you act silly and really stupid while you're high, I can see how it would get on the nerves of somebody who doesn't smoke. I dont think its essential for the other person in the relationship to smoke, although it would probably help immensely. I guess it also depends on how much you care about the person and if you're willing to cut back for them.

5. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

wimin folk want to know that they are important. it's prolly some evolutionary hang over from the days where the only chance at success was to find a stable mate.
    if something, anything, is in their minds more important to you than they are they will feel insecure. and this insecurity usually is what creates conflict.
    sooo... you can have a relationship with a non-stoner, as long as that person is confident in their knowledge that they are more important to you than pot is.

6. TheRosesAreFree

TheRosesAreFree Member

I was with a girl for damn near 2 years who didnt smoke weed at all. It wasnt exactly your situation, because she liked the contact high she got when we smoked up the house. Kind of wierd that she liked the smell, and the feeling of being high, but she just didnt want to smoke it herself. One way to deal with it is not to rub it in her face. She told me once "I have no problem with you smoking, but dont make me feel left out." Pretty much if i went out, all i had to do was ask if she wanted to come, and 99 out of 100, she would say no.

7. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

:D

Let me take it a lil further.

It goes both ways. No man or woman desires to have a relationship with someone who is destined to have a "McJob" the rest of their life. Demonstrate responsibility, moderation and give the attention that your partner deserves.

Do not base your life around getting stoned, base getting stoned around your life.

8. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

If my partner ever told me "I'll leave you if you don't stop smoking" or something similar, I'd tell them to go ahead leave. Not because I love weed more than I love them, but because I don't want to date anyone who tries to control my behaviors and choices like that. I don't care if the other person smokes or not, as long as they are accepting of me and I am accepting of them, it'll be fine and dandy.

I have been that girl though, telling my girlfriend I am going to leave her if she didn't stop smoking. I had valid reasons though. She was on probation and getting randomly drug tested so we decided to stop together. Then I find out that she has been smoking behind my back while I hadn't smoked in weeks. I was sooo pissed.

9. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

^^Well put!

10. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

Bitches can't hang with the streets. Think about it....

Hahaha. I'm incoherent, peace the fuck out.

11. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I've never dated anyone who didn't smoke pot, that would just be stupid. Thats my lifestyle. I married the chick that liked pot more than me.

12. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In all honesty, I'd have to say the chances are no. I mean, it's not impossible by any means, but it'll definately take some searching.

13. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

It's such a drag to be with the non-pot smokers. My last 2 boyfriends were of that type and it was such a pain in the ass...They both did other drugs too, but would get assey when I'd smoke weed. When it comes down to it I love weed- alot. It's too big a part of my daily life, and I don't like having to sneak around. Better to be with someone who you can share the wonderfulness of marijuana with.

...and like, how nice is it to wake up with someone and start your day by hitting the bong together.

14. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

happen to me too. she though i was too much of a pot head and didnt pay enough attention to her. but i smoked with her like twice a day. tiz some bull, but i didnt mind us breakin up till i found out she cheated on me, then i was pissed.

15. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

I really feel bad for all these people who thinks weed cant be harmful/isnt a drug. How about you prove you know what your putting into your body by a simple google search before you come on here and sway 13 year olds that a drug isnt a drug, when it is.

Weed causes you to hold your breath, thus killing brain cells. It also has a mental addiction on half these members, but they make up exuses for their actions by saying something like "i love it we were born to smoke it blah blah blah blah" We were born sober for a reason people, not to abuse a mind altering substance that tricks you into believing thats the real you when its just you in a differant mind set. People im not saying not to smoke weed, or else id be a hippocrate. Just dont abuse anything and remember to live life in moderation. Trust me, you would appreciate weed so much more and get to know the REAL YOU(sober) a little bit more. Us humans are so complex, intelligent, and just amazing. Smoking weed everyday=waste of life and waste of valuable time you could be helping yourself or even better, others.

16. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

yeah, swimming is terrible for you brain! :)

17. Falcone136

Falcone136 Member

Yeah I get sick of people saying that. It just proves that you are addicted to it and would take a bullet for a stem of weed. But the weed itself does not destroy brain cells, it just slows them down and regain full control after you have stopped for a while. But anything can destroy brain cells really, such as just hitting yor hand on your forehead.

18. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

So is allowing stress to overwhelm you :)

19. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Wouldnt it be? Idk i know theres tons of things that kill brain cells, and holding your breath is one, so i was throwing it out their. Least i dont lie and say the weed itslef kills em, because they dont.

20. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Ya, i never said the weed itself kills em, just depriving yourself of oxygen for those who hold in weed smoke for like 30+ seconds. If you do that on almost every hit and smoke daily then eventually it will catch up to ya, thats all.