Wedding Ceremony Next Wednesday

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Thanks. I'm just really irritated at my parents because they've been so little help with everything while so many other people are putting so much work into it. It just makes them look like assholes. Mainly my dad. He's gone back on his word to help me with this thing twice. Well, I guess I'm a little irritated at my mom, though, because she will not listen to me. Since the planning started, she's been pouting because she feels like she's not being included. So I took all my pieces for my table decorations to her house to include her in one of the most important steps. The first time I was over there, she was too busy trying to get ringtones on her phone to help. Every other time, there was some reason she was too busy to help me. I did every single table decoration myself, just at her house. I wouldn't care I did it all myself, but my dad made me feel about 2 inches tall, letting me know how "upset and left out" she felt right before that. Every time I try to tell her something, right in the middle of whatever I'm saying, she'll cut me off and just start talking about something else, completely unrelated.

And I swear to god, if I hear one more family member is pouting because they just "don't feel like they had a big enough role", I'm going to scream. My aunt was feeling left out during the whole planning stage. Honestly I talked to my aunt about the wedding more than anyone because she was the only person who showed any interest. But I gave her a couple of pretty big jobs- she was pretty much the ring leader decorating yesterday and she did a great job of altering my dress last minute. Dress fits perfectly now! And I think she feels much more included now.

Anyway, I'm sorry for that little rant, I needed it, lol. I'm sure everything will work out awesome, and if the things that have gone wrong thus far are the only things that will be going wrong, then we're doing awesome.

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Nothing there will compare to your beauty anyway so just smile and enjoy the day as best you can. As you know we live for rants.

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Stress and tension seem to go with weddings and little things go wrong. As strange as it seems those are the things you look back on and giggle over later. :)

Wishing you both the very best on this special day and may the future be all that you both could ever wish for. :)

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Get it all out to us, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your day. :grouphug:

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i hope your day was perfect Amanda

try not to break him tonight ;)

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't wait to see pics!!!

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Oh my gosh, it was just wonderful. It was everything I could have hoped for with no rehearsal. It was awkward a few times, but that's so us and so it was great. Our friend's little girl showed up and she looked SO perfect to be my flower girl and she's the princess type, so I asked her to be my flower girl at the last minute. It was adorable. And my bridesmaids were beautiful and Daniel...oh my gosh, guys, he just looked so good. There was no rehearsal, but 3/4 of the bridal party were in theatre in high school, so we were able to wing it pretty smoothly. There were a lot of funny and awkward moments but those make the memories.

We had to have the reception and wedding at the same place because it rained all morning and then was horrible wind all day. It calmed down pretty decent by the start of the ceremony, but my poor bridesmaids showed everyone their shiny hineys more than once because the wind caught their dresses, lol. So it was very good we had the ceremony indoors. And it was SO cute! I can't wait until I have some pictures to show you.

And haha, BBAD, there was no breaking because we partied until 3:30 and then came home and promptly passed out. We've slept so little in the past few days, lol. I picked the most amazing wedding party and we had two of the funniest people ever as groomsmen, so it was really hard to want to leave the party. I'm so sad so many people had to leave today and my maid of honor leaves tomorrow, but I've had an amazing week so far.

8. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I am so happy for you! Sounds like a great day after all!

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Sounds beautiful and I am anxious to see your pictures. :)

I am so happy for you both that it all went so well. :)

10. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

What was your something blue?

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't wait to see your shoes!

12. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I can't wait to see the party pictures! congratulations and enjoy the relief of it being over.

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Post Makes Me Smile...:)

Cheers Glen.

14. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a day enjoyed by all. Congratulations.

15. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Congratulations! All the best to you and your husband :)