Wedding Ceremony Next Wednesday

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

oh geez..
    well as to not hijack this thread ima create my own

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

He showed me his wedding gift to me today. He's making me a ring out of a silver quarter. It's beautiful so far and I'll definitely show you guys a picture after the wedding. He's making his own ring as well, which is why he had to show me today before he has it finished because he needs to be able to work on it while I'm home because I don't go places without him often and there aren't many days left for him to finish his project. It's pretty exciting, I had bought crappy little rings at Hobby Lobby and Claire's to use until we could afford something nice but he's been making us rings himself. It's the perfect touch to add to a DIY wedding.

Death, I'm all up in your albums right now. I'll report back in your thread. :D

3. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Congratulations again KR!
    Hope your day is wonderful! I am sure it will be! :D
    Resso

4. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations Kinky!:2thumbsup:

5. Kinky Ramona

Almost had a scare this morning! Called the lady who is in charge of renting the community center out and she didn't remember me or reserving the place for Wednesday. But no one else has, so it's still mine and everything is still fine. :)

6. Death

wait, you guys got each other wedding gifts? I don't think carri and I even thought of that at all.. I feel like we forgot something big now..

7. Kinky Ramona

Well, he made my wedding gift. Him...he's getting what I wrote of vows because we're going to have to do more traditional vows because he doesn't have time (or the confidence) to write up his own.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It sounds awesome!

Like I said in Death's thread - I love weddings way more than I like marriage - so to me, yours is perfect!

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Well are you all ready for tomorrow? :)

10. Kinky Ramona

We're headed out to the community center within the hour to decorate for the reception. I need to orchestrate tomorrow a little more to figure out how stuff is going to go and where people need to be when. And I have to make my cake this afternoon. And my aunt is making some last minute alterations on my dress (too big in the boobs, I swear that dress was made for someone shaped like Barbie). So no, not quite yet. And to top it all off, there is a city council meeting tonight. Our good friend works for the city so he needs us to come up and support him because things have been crazy at the city and he's scared for his job. So I have to squeeze that into my busy day also. I hope that 4 hours of sleep I got will fuel me at least until bedtime, lol.

11. Aerianne

Bless your heart. You'll be busy so you won't have time to get the jitters, at least!

12. Death

its tomorrow!!

you should do a webcam stream of the wedding for all of us and post the link here.

all you'd have to do is set a laptop in the corner of the room and put it on USTREAM or something

13. Kinky Ramona

No way can I do a live stream, there's no internet or phone service down there. lol But there will be pictures. And a ton of instagram pictures because my MOH is a hipster. lol

14. Aerianne

Enjoy your day, Ramona.

I know you'll be beautiful.

15. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Congratulations and good luck !

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Wish You And Your Better Half All The Best For Tomorrow...:sunny:

Cheers Glen.

17. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Have a great day! Congratulations.

18. TAZER-69

I hope you have a Great Day today.

19. Kinky Ramona

Thanks everyone. I woke up to a storm, so fingers crossed this is the only one we will see. The reception area is set up and ready to go and can easily double as an indoor wedding venue. I just hate to have to have it indoors because that's just something else to go wrong. My shoes got red paint all over and it would not come off (problem solved, I took red nail polish and made it look like I meant for it to be that way), my mom and my grandma did the most screwed up cupcake job I've ever seen but at least they're edible. At the risk of sounding like bridezilla (and honestly, with the way my parents have been treating me the past two days, I think I get to have one bridezilla moment), I bought 6 boxes up cupcake mix. If you are consistent with your cupcake batter, every box should make 24. That makes 144 cupcakes total. I bought 3 sleeves of baking cups, 50 each. 150 total. So there are plenty of baking cups and plenty of cupcakes. Somehow they lost what looks to be a whole sleeve of the baking cups, which I had set out the day before. And there are cupcakes that are huge and overflowing (they're great) and then cupcakes that don't even come to the tops of the baking cups. (/bridezilla moment)

Anyway, I was supposed to do the cake myself or at least be there to be the voice of reason and a helping hand, but my maid of honor surprised me with what was supposed to be a quick trip to get a manicure and pedicure (a first ever for me) and lunch. Lunch took about 45 minutes, which isn't unreasonable, but the mani/pedis took 2 and a half friggin' hours because they're severely understaffed there. But cake is a minor issue, and at least they did them for me. I could have shown up when we finally got home to no cake and had to stay up all night baking. I'm trying to come off my insane unhappiness about the cake because the things that have gone wrong are really small in the scheme of things. And things are always bound to go wrong, my life never ever works out like expected, lol. And at least I got to have that relaxing time at the salon.

20. TAZER-69

Don't sweat the small stuff, be thankful that you have the help and support from everyone. Cakes are like us and everything around us. Thay have inperfections and that is what makes them special.