Webspace?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Iago2, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Iago2

Iago2 Member

Good evening, does anyone know of some webspace which is cheap to get a hold of? We're looking to host some more work on ConceptCon.co.uk and running out of places to put it. Alternatively if anyone has any webspace going spare and would like to donate some to our cause we would be very thankful and send a card and everything.

Loving you all in advance.

Oliver

2. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

www.freewebs.com

May be helpful...its how my friend got his band site up...you don't need to use there templates and the best part is its FREE

3. Iago2

Iago2 Member

Thanks guv, but we've tried using these guys and other services like tripod before. The problem is that they have file limits so uploading video/animation is impossible. Not to mention that they usually don't provide full ftp access.

D'oh!

4. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

http://www.ukhost4u.com

Probably the best UK hosting company, IMHO. It ain't free, but you get what you pay for. They're very reasonable though and offer a range of useful facilities. Failing that, find someone with a broadband account with a decent ISP. Most of 'em come with a decent chubk of webspace and fairly reasonable transfer limits.

5. Iago2

Iago2 Member

Cheers dok, that certainly smells like good medicine.

6. fluffyhelen

fluffyhelen Member

www.ajmautomation.com is where I get my hosting from. However! you could also use www.allabouthosting.co.uk if you want a really good hosting package from about £5 a year.

Bargain! Freewebs is pretty pants if you want to use your hosting for anything other than html and pictures.