We should all believe in God.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Rayan, May 20, 2007.

1. Rayan

Rayan Member

... At least believe in the possibility of his existence.

How could anyone say for sure that God does not exist?

Human beings are logical creatures and that is how we have come to develop as we are and live the way we do with the things that we have created. We cannot see logic in the existance of a higher being and therefore so many people choose not to believe in god.

Open your mind for a sec and ponder over this:

But is it also not logical to say man kind's knowledge, brainpower and abilities are limited and we in fact do not have the ability to think beyond a certain level? (E.G limted by the size of our brains for example).

Take any question in the world, absolutely any (say, Do Aliens Exist, or How do they make circuit boards). If you keep enquiring about this question, more and more questions will come up and logic can only take you to a certain level after which the ultimate question WILL arise. Is there a God?

I'm of the opinion that God exists but he is the answer to why and not how.

2. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

3. Shox.

Shox. Member

WTf^ RLMFAOLMFAO
    omg that shits crazy

4. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Don't forget Santa Claus and the Easter bunny...big 6 foot tall bunny breaking into homes eveywhere easter morning.....

5. jirachi_pt

jirachi_pt Member

Yes, you really should read the gospel of the FSM. It will show you the true way. It changed my life, right then and there, in Barnes and Nobel, when I read it. I've never been the same since.

But really, I agree with what you're saying, to a certain extent. I'm more or less agnostic, and even on my most pessimistic days, I believe in "god", a higher whatever you wanna call it. Even if it's nothing more than nature itself, or the theory of our coexistence.
    I'm not sure if what I just said would make much sense to the reader, but, it's the best way I can think to put it.

6. kar33m

kar33m Member

the question is how can you know that god DOES exist?
    Why should I believe if there's no proof ?
    The fact that we cant find the answer to some questions like how was the universe created or how did life begin doesnt mean we have to INVENT an answer..

7. ametisti

ametisti Member

why should i believe in god? my soul is my own i will not give it to anyone or anything. existance of god, that's just funny to me. what kind of god lets little children be raped, by the people that thay trust?

8. buttrfly)i(

buttrfly)i( Member

well the physics answer to "god" is acually the collective conscienceness of all living beings as a whole. I like to think that people and our world is what makes up what we think of as God

9. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Open your mind for a second. This is completely false. Because Faith and Truth are incompatible. So, the whole Christain gestapo with "Have faith, the Word is TRUE". It's hypocritical to make those claims. It's false advertisement infringing on the popular beliefs on mass-communication. The more people accept it, that God exists, that the bible is true, the more people are living their lives in mysteries. They become eaten alive by the fact that they cannot see behind what is already in front of them. Because they choose not to see it. They choose not to believe it. "Dogma is Law". Right... Dogma is persecution upon the mind's own ability to make and choose the mind's own decisions.

10. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Not to mention rabits are mammals...

11. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

God is a turd on a stick, that is called into play every time the state wants you to suck their shit - hey lick this lollipop its shit flavoured but we built a lovely church around it !

12. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

I think i see what you're saying, and if so i've pondered this before... i mean can we honestly think that the universe and all possibilites around it are limited to human mind? no, i think not. but can we also give the possibility that god is a human concept from the human mind, and that although it may exist, we have very good reasons to doubht it? i think so.

i dont know if there is a god or not, as a monotheistic being or pantheistic beings,like in religions, but i do believe in the possibility of there being higher intelligence inside the universe than humans. supernatural not really, but smarter very much possible to me.

13. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

think of any sort of divinity as all encompassing, transcending good and evil because it simply is. oh, and also that the mind has some influence over it... as per the truth of our universe.

14. mrdude

mrdude Member

I think I know what you mean, not necessarily the Christain God, but a greater force. To me that's exactly what God is: the idea behind everything unexplainible. If the Big Bang created our Universe, what created the Big Bang? Personally I believe mass religion is brainwash and a way to control people, but God is not limited to religion.

15. Freedom_Man

whats funny to me, is this.

i saw a thread about this before on here.

how god evolves, its so true, we "civilized people" look the the religions that claim there is gods for like volcanoes and trees, and spirits for everything and all that as stupid, cause we found out how all that shit works through science, and the more we learn through science the less we use god to explain stuff.. now its more like a moral being, the place our morals on in my opinion. i mean saying there has to be a thing called god to create the universe, thats just like saying there has a be a giant fairy gorilla to create it, its just a word, a human concept what makes us think a human concept(by the way made thousands of years ago buy people who dont know shit about science) is so relevant to the universe? although science is a human concept to. it mightj ust be our perception of the universe, no absolute trut,

then again, some will say god revealed himself to us, but i think the "evolution of god" proves that wrong. the more we learn, the less a supernatural becomes prevelant.

16. mrdude

mrdude Member

What constitutes "God"? I'm not trying to prove there is some guy sitting up in a giant chair in a cloud somewhere, pushing buttons controling your life. But something unexplainible must have created it us, thus we call this unexplainible phenomenan God. God is the idea we use to explain that which science cannot, there are infinite possibilites in our exsistence and it's impossible to prove or disprove all of them, and we need "God" to be able to show the limit of our scientific knowledge. "God" is as much to science as it is to religion.

I'm not sure I understand your concept of the "evolution of God", because people were around for over 10000 years before god came into exsistence, please explain this. Other than that I think the first paragraph explains my view of it.

17. Freedom_Man

i mean, that the more we learn about nature and science the les we use god to explain things. i mean gods like relgious ones, not a higher force i believe that is possible.

18. Synthesis

Synthesis Banned

I just had a thought that if you take infinity and look at it from the 8th dimension you would eventually find god. If infinity is everything that could ever happen wouldn't even god, as christians know god, have his place in infinity somewhere as we do? Even if god doesn't live in our 7th dimension infinity, god has to at least live in an 8th or 9th dimensional infinity.

If infinity is really infinite, then god is real, aliens are real, purple people eaters are real, and godzilla is real. So if godzilla is real then he either doesn't live remotely close to us in the universe or he doesn't exist in this time frame yet.

So then god must live in another infinity seperate from our infinity, but if this is the case why can't god travel from his infinity, to our infinity and make his presense know since we all know god doesn't exist in this infinity.

So that means the christians are lying and god really isn't a god, but a guy named Mark from a different infinity who dropped some acid and stumbled onto our world, in our infinity and proclaimed his self god.

But wait that means there is now a free space in another 9th dimensional infinity for the real god, but no god exists in our infinity.

So that means the christians are lying and god really isn't a god, but a guy named Jimmy from a different infinity who dropped some acid and stumbled onto our world, in our infinity and proclaimed his self god.

But wait that means there is now a free space in another 9th dimensional infinity for the real god, but no god exists in our infinity.

So that means the christians are lying and god really isn't a god, but a guy named Simon from a different infinity who dropped some acid and stumbled onto our world, in our infinity and proclaimed his self god.

But wait that means there is now a free space in another 9th dimensional infinity for the real god, but no god exists in our infinity...................

19. mrdude

mrdude Member

I don't get it, are you joking or being serious? If you're being serious please explain how dropping acid can bend a dimension.

Also if you would like to explain God using the String theory, God would be the tenth dimension, because God controls everything, in and outside of our universe. God would literally be the super strings moving subatomic particles shaping everything we know as reality.

Intrestingly enough, I've found as of yet Science cannot disprove God merely reshape our idea of God. The deeper you delve the more you realize things point to an unexplainible force, somewhere at sometime. No matter what you believe you have to atleast acknowledge that this force does exsist, and that is what I refer to as God. (As simply as I can explain it)

20. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Tell me what god is and I'll tell you if I believe in it.