We need to unite

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Wondermike, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Wondermike

Wondermike Member

Heyyyy everybody, so I'm relatively new here and I've just kind of got to thinking. Somehow this generation has produced a new collection of hippy spirited young people, and we all need to come together as one and continue that which our foremothers-and-fathers began.
    I could not think of a better time to do it either, what with the war going on in Iraq, and the fact that we have once again been put under the rule of a complete idiot. Lets not even mention the fact that if this war continues to expand and destroy, we may be looking at another draft in the not-too-distant future.
    The fact of the matter is, we, as brothers and sisters of the age of Aquarius, have a job to do, and we need to get started before its too late. We need to spread the ways of peace and love and throw out our oppressors who continually fuck shit up in other countries in the name of "freedom" and "democracy." We need to establish democracy, freedom and peace in our own country before we can go tell others how to do it. We need to spread the love, and show others our ways in an inviting and understanding manner. I ask this of all of us, start today. I'm a terrible procrastinator, made worse by my love of the halfling's leaf, but I realize that this is the noblest of causes, and it is something worth standing up for. So join me, and love eachother everyday, and show others our ways. Thank you all for understanding what those brave young minds of the Flower People attempted to teach the world. Peace and love, spread the word.
    -A Young Hippy

2. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

yeah. We need to unite... and stamp out decadent liberalism. :p

just kidding, man

3. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

one love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright

4. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

On a side note, Bush isn't an idiot, and neither is anyone else in the Bush Admin. In fact, they're quite the opposite... and that's the scary part. Makes you wonder why we have a 'war on terrorism' if it wasn't a mistake.

5. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

And if you really knew anything about it, you'd know that the hippies of the 60's didn't accomplish nearly anything.

6. Chris L

Chris L Member

They got the laws going that food makers have to put the ingredients of the food they make on the box/bag/whatever. And, theres other stuff, obviously, that I can't think of right now, but, they had fun doing their thing the whole way through, no?

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Blah, Blah, Blah?

8. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

come on chuck...they did have tones of anonymous sex...

9. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

but not much after that

10. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

That wasn't the hippies... hippies were too busy getting high and shagging and protesting to get anything done.

Dam straight. :H

11. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Bush is an idiot, he's a fucking puppet, its the people pulling his strings we need to watch

12. Wondermike

Wondermike Member

Talk is cheap, I guess I've been doing too much of that. Thanks for all the constructive, yet unecessarily cynical, criticism guys, you really know how to show love to a new guy who came looking for help. I hope you all enjoy talking about your super cool hippy lifestyles on the internet. Peace for the fourth and last time....

-Mike, a dramatic and now discouraged hippy

13. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

I think Bush knows he's a puppet...i mean, would anyone want Cheney [for what he says and looks like] for president? Bush probobly knows he is justa "peoples man" cover for the huge corporations