WE NEED TO ACT NOW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phil1965, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Granite

And it is not even hard to spot the manipulation it is often so crude – remember in the US the huge ‘caravans’ of migrants invading the US at the time of the 2018 elections and troops been sent to the border but after the election all that coverage just kind of disappeared. And here we have information coming out that England has the highest Covid death rate in Europe and the worse economic results in the G7 and our Home Secretary is calling on the Navy to be used against some refugees in dinghies and picking fights with Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.

Its cartoonish in its obviousness but the right wing base seem to fall for it EVERY time

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Entering ANY country Illegally is against the law !! why do you try to confuse issues to suit your lefty agenda ?
    they have broken the law and should be deported end of !

you want to see laws ? Here (and the UK is one of the many countries that its a criminal offence )
    Criminalization of Illegal Entry Around the World

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

I ask again do you know what laws cover asylum seekers

4. Rots in hell

They are not asylum seekers so your question is yet another one of your attempts to sidetrack !
    They are Illegal immigrants and I linked you the laws on that

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

How do you know they are not asylum seekers?

And again do you know what laws cover asylum seekers?

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Why is this such a big thing for you when we have so many greater and more pressing problems – this is like fussing over a spot on your nose while ignoring the gangrenous sore on your arm. And it is not like it isn’t a known situation that is already been dealt with to the best of the authorities ability given the law.

I mean what would you do?

7. Rots in hell

This thread is about Illegal immigrants not one of the "so many greater and more pressing problems " Last time I looked And your analogies are getting more stupid daily but go on I'll answer that
    The gangrenous sore started off as a spot as will the next one if not attended to soon !

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As long as you have such things as war, famine and authoritarian regimes in the world you are going to get asylum seekers, now while 85% flee to a bordering country others for many reasons do not.

And I would point out that the UK gets a hell of lot less of them than many other countries.

Asylum seekers do get a small allowance in the UK of £36.95 per week while their application is processed and are forbidden to work during that time. It’s hard to find figures on the yearly cost of the programme but the Red Cross put the price at around £155 million a year.

The Brexit decision (that you support) has already cost the UK hundreds of billions of pounds and is likely to cost a hell of a lot more.

The mishandling of the covid outbreak in England has cost not only the premature and unnecessary deaths of thousands it has also lead to the UK having the worse economic results in the G7. That’s billions of pounds more.

But the BIG thing you want to bang on about is asylum seekers getting benefits.

Look if it is the cost don’t you think you have your priorities a bit screwed?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    granite45 and Idlewild like this.
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Do you know what laws cover asylum seekers?

Under them there is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ or ‘bogus’ asylum seeker

So I ask again how do you know they are not asylum seekers?

10. Rots in hell

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Do you know what laws cover asylum seekers?

Under them there is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ or ‘bogus’ asylum seeker

So I ask again how do you know they are not asylum seekers?

12. Rots in hell

The only One banging on about "asylum Seekers " is you ! They are Illegal immigrants

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

LOL Stamping your foot over and over isn’t an argument it’s a tantrum

Under the laws covering asylum seekers there is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ or ‘bogus’ asylum seeker

What I’ve been pointing out is that many supporters of the current English nationalist party in charge in Westminster seem to be ‘banging on’ about this minor problem while giving that party a free pass on it mishandling of Covid and the damage been done to the UK by Brexit.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  14. Rots in hell

I agree but you keep doing it !

This thread is not about "Brexit" "Corvid " or asylum seekers its about Illegal Immigrants but you cant see past your hatred of anything not lefty leaning ! You had your chances via a referendum and then an election and people saw through the bullshit
    you wanna get back to the original post condemning Illegal entry into the UK ?

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

My dear friend haven’t you noticed I’ve covered the issue and raised criticisms and questions that you are refusing to address

But one of the criticism of this the OP is that this is not a pressing issue its only been hyped because right wing politicians and the right wing media want people distracted from all the real shit going down because of the right wing mishandling of covid and the crap policy of Brexit.

16. Rots in hell

Really ? That's what you read into Phill's Post that he doesn't think its a "Pressing Issue "!
    and saying you "covered the Issue" is not covering the issue when you clearly don't want to talk about it

So one last Chance "Illegal Immigrants !"

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Going by the thread title and the first post, this thread is not about Brexit, Covid or Asylum seekers

It's about migrants trying to get into the country illegally

18. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

The history of humanity.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

I do really wish you would read my posts

I’m not saying that people like Phil and yourself don’t think this is a pressing issue, I’m just saying that you are consciously or subconsciously falling for right wing propaganda and misdirection.

Sorry if you look at the post it is you that clearly hasn’t got a handle on the issues and no answers to questions or counter arguments to criticisms.

Do you even read your own posts?

Both you and phil talk of the publically funded benefits going to these people – if you knew anything about this you’d know only asylum seekers can get such benefits and as pointed out under the laws covering asylum seekers there is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ asylum seeker

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As I say as long as you have such things as war, famine and authoritarian regimes in the world you are going to get asylum seekers, now while 85% flee to a bordering country others for many reasons do not.

So unless you can stop the wars, end the famines and peaceful bring down authoritarian regimes (as we know toppling such regimes militarily just creates more refugees) what would you do about the problem?

Phil’s idea is to kill them, drown them in the channel, Mal wants to send them back, but if they seek asylum under the law they have to be processed as such.

So unless the UK government wants to act murderously or illegally, there really isn’t anything that can be done that hasn’t already been tried or is already in place.

The right wing media knows that - the right wing politicians know that- BUT they also know that if they make a big song and dance about 'illigal immigrants' people like Phil and Mal will get all triggered and distracted from the real shit that is going on elsewhere.

What gets me is that they can be so easily manipulated time after time.