We need better hate speech laws in the USA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You have displayed intolerance against anti-fascists in several threads on here, mainly because you dig certain stuff that borders on or is affiliated with real fascism or neonazis. You said antifascist stuff has no place in metal music, but think fascist and NSBM stuf has. I don't dig anti-fascist metal music either (same with political motivated stuff like NSBM btw), but I tolerate, no: accept both at first instance. See the quaint difference here

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well when I say "you" I'm really just referring to the people arguing for against free speech.

But it's like I said before. We've been slaves to somebodies system for far too long and we've genetically handed this trait down in our DNA which keeps us enslaved to an ideal doctrine that isn't our own. Our DNA strand is only 3% complete, but in millions of years perhaps evolution might evolve that to 100% but that cannot happen if we continue to shroud ourselves under the conditions of a singular way of thinking. Unfortunately it works too well though, because we've been programmed to listen and to follow orders, to work and to slave away so I don't blame anybody for thinking like that, I just think they should ponder the ideas and consequences because right now humanity is starting to work things out.

There are more and more self sufficient and reliant communities spreading out over the world that are turning their backs on our slave ways of life and with much success too. They no longer have to abide nor conform under the doctrines of elitists or the government. I like to think of them as pioneers. They've had a good reflection and discovered within themselves that they want to break free from the oppression while everybody else is still stuck under a regime and doctrine that continues to enslave them I mean no matter how free you think are, you really need to take a good look that because the moment you have to work your life away just to be able to live in our natural environment made up of natural and synthetic products then you aren't free at all and the government and media seems to have way more influence in the way people think than what their individual hearts say or want and that is sad.

3. Asmodean

Good you clarified that. Half of the time you use the word 'you' in your posts on this page it really seems you ment me. But you still seem all over the place with your theories and how you communicate.
    To be fair: i regularly think that when I read a post of unfocusedanakin too. Please reread your posts before posting and be as clear and specific as possible

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The reason I argue for racists is because they're just people too and as I've already demonstrated, I don't believe anybody is anyone or better than anybody to sit there and declare that their own personal beliefs should be regarded as higher as somebody else's.

I understand this cancels each other out as the racist views their ideals over the other, but as an underdog in terms of population and acceptance I find myself drawn to not support the racist cause, but to support their right to be that way if thats who they are and that's something I can't help. I have asked myself why too many times and have no answer for it.

I don't consider myself racist at all, I make racial stereotypes but to me that isn't being racist, Observational humor if you ask me. It's just apparent even more to me now that you can't eradicate certain ideals from people. You can try, but tbh you will only come across as being just as bad as the people you fight against. IMO.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Honestly I pass my phone to my wife to proof read most things I write, so. If it makes sense to her in English then I post it. Occasionally she helps me word things better, but I type like I talk and that's often all over the place and I can't help that just now. I've tried. I'm still trying and I'm still learning.

Oh and my wife also doesn't agree with me on this topic but you know what, speaking of morals.. We accept and appreciate each other's differences and to me this more moral than bashing those you don't agree with or trying to convince them that they're a bad person for having the feelings and opinions they do.

If the two of us can see past out vast variety of political and philosophical differences, then I hope other people can too. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. Asmodean

I also support the right for racists to be that way. I also support their right to strive for an ethnostate and would even be happy to debate people who are in favor it as long as they can communicate their ideas in a civil and intelligent way.
    If we would never had issues with hate mongering and the worst consequences of hatespeech I would probably still be for allowing that too. But alas, some people communicate their convictions not because they want to debate controversial topics but to incite violence against innocent people. This seems the only aspect that a person like unfocusedanakin wants consequences on (correct me if im wrong here @unfocusedanakin, or irmi for that matter if you actually recall he said otherwise ). And there are already rules for. Free speech is unlikely to be affected by reasonable looking at adjustments on hatespeech. But as stated: it depends on the details. I haven’t seen specific examples yet.

7. Asmodean

I don't consider you racist either, but i do consider you conflicted and even a bit misguided at times when I read your posts. A good example of this is your posts in that antifascist festival thread

Fighting against neonazis and fascists who are actively arguing for practicing discrimination and violence against innocent people, partly through hatespeech/hatemongering does not make them the same kind of intolerant asswipe as those neonazis and/or fascists. Exact motives and reasons matter.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know I'm conflicted. I'm inconsistent too. One day I feel one thing, 6hrs later or the next day I might feel the other. I can't help that though. I've tried. I want to know why but I don't. -shrug-

I do not even remember what I said in that thread. Probably because I have a tendency to listen to certain NS bands and don't consider myself racist then I feel others must do the same as me, I cannot be the only one so if I went to see, for instance one of my favourites Jüngsturm and I was going to get attacked by people when I left because I enjoy their music then, that wasn't cool to me. I can't help that I'm attracted to their music. It sounds good it, it ticks more of the boxes for me in terms of actual music. Lyrics may be inappropriate to a degree, but since when has heavy metal ever been appropriate or politically correct?

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It’s not the end of the world. And truth be told your honesty and self awareness here is rather endearing.

Irminsul likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Thank you, because a lot of the time I think it would be easier to sit in this chair and leave my thoughts behind me on the wall. :(

11. Asmodean

If you hate countering thoughts on your posts you could do that. I hope that's not the case. Some of your posts just scream for a reaction :p

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I wonder if comparing Trump supporters to Nazis would constitute hate speech. Or is the charge of hate speech reserved only for white right wingers who 'offend' some group or another.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was going to say this too. Most people get pissy when criticized, and irm's just like "whatev, I know this"

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe I know I'm not right in the head too, which pushes me more to argue more. I don't know. I struggle waking every day being who I am sometimes, though ever since I started reading about genome and DNA I can reflect a little more and know it's not really "me" it just is me.. and I can't help this but it gives me positivity that it's just who I am. I'm really not sure anymore. It ain't easy being me.

15. Asmodean

She gets pissy when people talk favorably about antifascism and hatespeech laws though. And sometimes her explanations (although elaborate :p ) doesn't actually show she knows it.
    Does her talk in this thread about genomes and DNA fully makes sense to you, in the context of the thread topic? I'm ok if its just me who doesn't get it, but I assumed it wasn't

16. Asmodean

I rather have the sincere explanations she gives when her content on sensitive issues is challenged than the confident boasting that often appears half true at best

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well it makes a lot of sense to me because asking somebody to do something a certain way, or to not do something in a certain way is quite mute given that their DNA has already been pre determined to think and act in a certain way.

So what we have here is let's say, you're saying like for a reaching example that people should not do certain things and those that makes sense to you because it's already encoded in your DNA, so that's who you are, but the next person hasn't been encoded with that same information in the same way you are, so they're never going to fully understand or interpret where your coming from and instead they're going to do things in life that make sense to them because that's who they are.

Hence why I think it's an unrealistic obligation to assume that everybody can be on the same page, because scientifically.. we can't and we won't be and I feel that's very relevant in this discussion.

I've been asked to research things instead of make it up in my head and now that I have researched things from a scientific point of view I come to some new conclusions and those conclusions only reiterate and galvanise what I believed in the first place, but now I have a scientific theory as to why. ;)

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think she mentioned she's reading a book about the topic, and I sorta get how she's relating it to the topic but I think the topic veered off course a while ago...nothing new for hipforums though lol

Irminsul likes this.
  19. deleted

deleted Visitor

how bout all those rappers with their kill the police and whitey .. not hate at all.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Appreciate the clarification.

Why? There doesn't have to be an absolute consensus (we're in a democracy after all :p a majority is good enough ;) ). Was the OP or someone else arguing otherwise?