We need better hate speech laws in the USA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 10, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Well the UN should step in and tell those damn Japanese they need more cultural diversity! How dare they!

Maccabee, 6-eyed shaman and Irminsul like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I admire Asian culture in that way, they tend to stick together. Jaoenese with Japanese, Chinese with Chinese nobody says anything, nobody bats an eyelid but when it comes to western countries oh we can't have that. If we aren't spilt to a perfect percentage then that's an abomination against the human race.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Another way I like to think is that us humans have been enslaved for so long for so many years whether physical slaves of the ancient world or physical slaves in the modern world, inherited as we pass on generations. We slave to build, we slave to cook, we slave to military campaigns against others enslaved to do the same thing.

It is as if we've never outgrown or evolved from our enslavement, up until more recently in history it's as if we've evolved up to a point where we can now question the validity of who we are as people and where we are going, an ultimate strive toward salvation and freedom.

To then take our away our expressions of freedom, whether something so simple as freedom of speech, it actually works against us, you basically just throw us back into the dark ages, once again living to an enslaved structure, a doctrine that is individually and personally not our own.

While believing you're doing the right thing for people, enslaving anybody to live by a personal and individual doctrine of life is detrimental to us as a species. It clouds us from enlightenment, it withdraws us from our spirituality.

Let us live and let us be our individual selves. Let us reach our potential of enlightenment and spirituality in anyway that makes sense to us, the way it was encoded in our individual DNA. Let us be human.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

They have a pack mentality.

Rarely do see one Asian man or women walking alone, and they’re often seen in large groups.
    When you do see an Asian woman she's often accompanied by an offspring

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh pish posh. That's a stereotype.

[​IMG]

hotwater likes this.
  6. Visexual

Visexual Member

You know, if they would actually watch something on Fox besides Fox and Friends it might help some. The actual news on Fox, with Shepherd Smith isn't that one-sided and Chris Wallace's show on Sunday morning is usually pretty balanced as well. Honestly, I wonder why Fox hasn't fired them both?

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The modern world we seem to be focused on every inch of the planet turning into apartment blocks and shopping malls

Not good

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No other choice with an ever growing population.

Even out here in suburbia where there are mostly single family homes, there are apartment buildings and condos going up everywhere just to keep up with the housing shortage.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. lion1978

lion1978 The King

If you limit the speech of those who speak hateful (only right wing exremist?..hmm I doubt that) aren't you then becomming exactly the same as those whos oppinions you are against, what sepperates you from them then except for political standpoint, have you not become your own enemy?

In Europe gennerally spaking it's true that there is freedom of speech for everyone, as long as you are not encouraging criminal activeties such as violence.

Also think about this for just one second. If you limit the speech of those who speak hatefull and are extremists, don't you then run the risk of bennefiting thir cause, by having them who only to some extend agree with them become outraged that their voice is limmited simply by you not liking what they say, wouldn't that cause a breeding ground for even more extremists.
    Sure you'd keep them in the underground, which ofcouse would also make it a lot more dificult for LE to keep track of numbers, and specific indeviduals that they think might at some point pose a threat to the country?

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Couldn't it just have to do with the fact our countries colonized countries with other races and annexed those into our own country and society? If we didn't have that past we wouldn't have and feel an obligation to strive for a functioning multiculti society. At least not to the same extent as now. We simply have a country filled with different racial backgrounds, thanks to our own past. Japan, China and most other east Asian countries don't. They invaded each other and may consist of different ethnicities, but its predominantly Asian.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think the standards the Supreme Court has set for "protected speech" are reasonable enough: no obscenity, no fighting words, no incitement to violence, no libel or slander. Where the media are concerned, I'd favor bringing back the fairness doctrine: holders of broadcast licenses (e.g., Fox, MSNBC, CNN) should be required to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a way that is honest, equitable and balanced. But is the FCC up to the job of policing it again? Probably not. As for "hate speech", the current U.S. laws use it to enhance penalties for other crimes targeting racial, religious or ethnic groups--as it should be. Criminalizing hate speech per se opens the door to excessive censorship.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We do our best, but we still manage to get it wrong at times.
    Particularly when you try parking your car in London, :sob::sob:

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

In general they also don't really care if non-Asians live there. Maybe more so with older generation's. It's not really racial purity as outsiders imagine.

14. unfocusedanakin

If you want to take to those comical extremes go for it.

15. unfocusedanakin

Japan was not all racist to me. People seemed curios of me. Maybe to them I was like a Hollywood person being blonde and ducking though the doors. I got some odd looks but honestly never felt racism anywhere. I admit I did not try for a work visa though. People tend think of Japan as an alt-right para dice I just did not get that vie. Women's rights are far behind though which could please alt-people I suppose with the anti-feminist views. Feminism is not a thing in Japan.

Races comes into my example since as see this in this thread nazi and the freedom to have them are important. When it comes to discussing hate speech in America is is a pro-fascist vs. ant-fascist issue which translates to white vs. brown.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

To me, that just ends up sounding as racist as anything else

Irminsul likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

So the actual racists are OK since that is freedom of speech? But I am the issue since I call it clear down the middle that people who are most interested in freedom of speech are white males who are racist?

By the in 1975 Australia passed laws just like this. So I guess you should probably move.

18. unfocusedanakin

No because I have used the laws of democracy to preserve democracy. I don't feel guilty taking rights from those who don't give them.

It does somewhat make them into martyrs but it makes their goals more difficult. No matter how much or how little you give them they will say they are martyrs and victims of the PC society. That stops when they would pass more laws then I want.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not everybody believes in a democratic form of government, so all you're doing is once again holding your own values above all others and then preaching it like gospel, so that's why you're no better than right wing extremists and you seem too pig headed and ignorant to take any of that into consideration. You're just as blind as those you fight against and can't even see it. Probably because you're blind.

20. unfocusedanakin

America is founded on the cultural values of Democracy. So protecting this is in line with gun ownership and other American values. Not everyone wants democracy but America does.

Kind of like having a wall. It keeps people safe.

As I've told you before a German person saying what you do is sad .