We Are The Future

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Aerianne, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The World is my lobster

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Everything that influenced me as a child was sort of a dream of mine. Very fantasy based things, I mean I never thought I'd see my one true hero won a NASCAR race and the way it happened with me and my gut feeling that if I base a dream holiday around one specific track and I know that's the place to get it done and it worked out well that was just a dream right there too.

Don't be afraid to dream and have dreams because for me they really spur me to accomplish things. :)

3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I'm aging so well, it goes by unnoticed.

I'm a dreamer so my mind is filled with dreams and passions.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I used to run from the past but the world got to spinning so fast.. I run from the future now. I run as fast as I can trying to be a simple woman but I just want to slow down. Yeah laugh if you want to and call me a backward fool but I ain't taking this ride. Y'all can just go on ahead and go and can let me out by the side of the road.. All I want to do is go on home.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Beautifully...gracefully. I don't know. It's nothing I really think about. It's funny, when I mention my age (37) I think, wow! That sounds like an adult age. But in mind and spirit, I'm still the same happy-go-lucky girl I've always been. I like to run around barefoot, chase the perfect wave and be front and center at punk shows. I like a good beer, a good taco and a good conversation. From 8-5 during the week I'm who you're "supposed" to be at 37. The rest of the time, I'm having too much fun being in love, being in trouble, and being in the sunshine. Guess what I'm saying is, I've grown up as much as I need to get by. But no more than that. But, I suppose, growing up isn't the same as aging.

I don't know. I ramble.

Dreams and aspirations? Sure. I hope I never stop dreaming and reaching for the stars. Of course, dreams and aspirations are a lot more toned down, realistic, and achievable, than they were 10 years ago. But I like to think that's a reflection of my changing values not the other way around. Sure, I wouldn't mind a few more bucks in my bank account between paydays, but who wouldn't, right?

Very content for the most part, but I sense a storm on the horizon. My friends and I--we live like college students. We have little in the way of responsibility and it seems like every night there is something: a movie, a party, a concert, so-and-so is DJing at such-and-such club. And the gossip! Who is sleeping with who. Who is mad at who. I've realized over the past couple of months that I just don't care anymore about all that. I don't need life to be one big party to be satisfied. I'm making new friends and pursuing new interests, and I feel like I'm in a transitional state and that I'm going to look back at this point in my life in, say, two years, and not be able to relate or recognize it.

I've already forgotten what the topic was. Sorry. But I don't think I stayed on it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, you did!

Good job writing and explaining!

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm the same idiot i was when i was 12. still refusing peer pressure to hate logic or kill myself.

still living in a universe that is safe from me, on a planet that is not.

and yes we can stop fucking ourselves.

whether or not the statistical consensus will, is another matter,
    but we have every means, again statistically, to stop doing so.

its just that we won't by clinging illogically to gratuitous conventionality.
    that however comfortingly familiar, no amount of it,
    can prevent or repair the harm that hating logic causes.

i wonder how i missed this topic having three pages already.

or did i not and just don't remember not doing so?
    i'll have to check.

there are a lot more then two roads, and the annoying thing about the shortness of life,
    is that one life is never long enough to take more then a handful out of the hundreds if not thousands.

the future, humans as a species may choose not to be.
    a future will always come of some kind,
    it is just as able to do so without us as with.

perhaps we are like the tall trees in the forest, casting too much shade for the saplings to grow,
    and when we have fallen, other species, like those smaller trees, will grow up to take our place.

Tags: