we all know it's good to be humble and whatnot...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by miami musician, Jan 8, 2005.

1. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

no one likes an ego maniac. but, if you could list two things that you KNOW you know... two things that, if someone were to ask you about, you have confidence in showing them what you know, maybe even to teach them a little something. what would they be? :p

for me, definitely music and blunt rolling. :D i mean, i feel like i have enough musical background to teach someone something, but definitely not enough. music is one of those things that you can NEVER learn everything about it because it just keeps evolving. and as far as blunt rolling goes, well, lets just say i can roll up some of the finest in the area. :)

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I know that i am one of the greatest guitarests around my school. People always know me by that and complement me on my style of playing. I am very humble about it...but sometimes i like to brag :p

Im not sure what else i have a big ego about...i suppose im rather good at being relaxed about everything...and dont let little things get to me. Im not sure about that one...maybe i will post here again with a better thought about #2.

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I would say music... I know I know more about music than the average Joe. Also, maybe world politics. Most people just don't care about them.

4. SunFree

SunFree Member

Ha, I know just about more than anyone I know about the Beatles . . .but that just sort of happened.

I know more than most people my age about art history in general . . . but that's just because you usually don't get the chance to learn it, and obviously I know an infinitely small amount compared to what there is to know and the aptitude of knowledge others have on the subject.

5. I could teach the peoples about meditative acts, like shifting your awareness, and the infinite motion of silence.

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hahaha, I could probably kick any punk band's ass or new band on guitar... damn them and their silly little kiddy kid kid power chords. :D the fools!!! THE FOOLS!!!! THEY SHALL BURN!!!! AS I SWEAR ON MY GUITARS!!!

:D :D anyone who has messengers and doesn't have me on add me... I'll send you Born Under A Bad Sign... as far as acoustic playing, it's quite... different from most, supposedly. I don't usually notice.

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, another reason is that I recorded it on a marshall plexi and a '57 strat that was loaned to me in a studio of some guy that was at my mom's job... his mom is a patient there. (my mom is a nurse)... he's a professional jazz/blues musician. :D

8. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Drums, I am the best drummer in my school. Evryone knows it and they always ask me stuff so that and computers. I build computers and I know a lot so if someone where to ask me about that I'd definately start boring them lol.

9. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

music esp. kurt cobain and abbie hoffman

10. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

and if i didnt know the answer, (i only know music i listen to) i could get it in under 30 hours

11. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I know quite a bit about world politics and our own politics, but I have no interest in them.... same goes with activism; MLK, Bobby Seale, Malcolm X, Abbie.... but I have no interest in them anymore either :p

So things that I actually have passion for would be hmm.... The Beatles and.... who cares :p. After The Beatles, nobody else matters :H

12. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

I am an expert on dirt-eating.

13. prism

prism :o

Painting ...with acrylics & matte medium.

14. lover/young_peace

I can also teach you how to have a nervous breakdown in under 15 minutes.

15. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I'd like to know more about this dirt-eating.... yum... :D

16. prism

Eat dirt! ROWR!!!

17. lover/young_peace

Okay. Well, first you gotta go outside. Preferabley during the day. Night-time still works, but not as well. The mood is slighty off at night. Don't do it right after it rains. If you must eat mud, do it during the rainfall. It'll make the experience more emotional. But the hard-core kids eat dry dirt. You have to get down on your knees in it. And shove it into your face. Not timidly, but savagely. It's the only proper way to do it.

:D

18. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i've always ate my dirt with a spoon when i was yonger. the other kids made fun of me...

19. prism

I've licked the floor way too many times. :(....:D

20. lover/young_peace

That's not the right way to do it! Put your hands in it, damnit! :D