Washing patchwork items....

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by trancetripnddhd, Aug 17, 2005.

1. trancetripnddhd

trancetripnddhd Member

I have some corderoy patchy dresses & bags and I was wondering if there was any special way to wash them? Should I just handwash with some woollite? I'm always afraid they're gonna all fall apart on me!

2. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

if they're properly made, and you weren't advised otherwise, you should be able to wash them just fine. They might just need a little more ironing than some of your other clothes. At least, that's what i've found.

3. Cre

Cre Senior Member

I agree..I guess it all depends on how much care went into making them as to whether or not they'd hold up thru a wash. I'd do a gentle cycle and air dry

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Yea i was nervous when i washed the first patchy skirt i made. But nope it was fine. I generally dont advise tumble drying most of your clothes in the sumer anyway but just look at the fabric, if you think some of them would shrink, dont tumble it :)

5. LostCove

LostCove Member

If you're really worried about it you could put it into a pillowcase and then take a ponytail holder to close the pillowcase and throw into the washer. I usually do that, bc/s I do large loads of laundry and don't want anything to snag the seams of my patchy clothes. Air drying is best bc/s who wants to iron. ;)