Was I Right Or Was The Hillary-Hater?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Jimbee68, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I have to tell you all. I still consider myself a nominal Christian and a nominal R. Catholic. I probably will all my life. But I probably don't believe most of what the religion teaches. I am sorry if that sounds hypocritical. It is just the way I am, and I am sure God understands that.

Speaking of hypocritical, I have to tell you all what happened recently on a discussion page I was on. These alleged Christians were all saying how delighted they were Hillary Clinton would some day burn in hell. I quickly chimed in, you don't know the will of God. Nobody does. And to assume you do, besides being hateful, is the sin of presumption.

Some guy then quickly defended the group, saying, yes. But God also gave us a brain, and what they were saying was just a reasonable extrapolation.

Maybe so, maybe not (I don't believe Clinton is going to hell anyways). But you're not supposed to wring your hands with delight, and revel in the torments you think the person faces in Hades.

Hate and presumption. I think that pretty well covers. But correct me if I am wrong (that's why I am posting here after all).

BTW, as you can guess, I do still believe God. But not an afterlife. But I think I am still qualified to ask this question. Yeah, the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount. That's all you need to follow, I think. Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson both believed that. And all these years later, I think they are still right.

Thank you in advance to all who reply :)

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

youre all right for believing what you want to believe

and youre all wrong for trying to push your beliefs each other

1 person likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Why would anyone be happy to think of anyone burning forever in Hell?

That guy defending those women is just as bad.

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

We are not supposed to rejoice in our enemy's misfortunes (paraphrased but that is the gist of what the bible says)...

I have long said it is so-called (I do like them called alleged Christians also) Christians that are the most likely to turn people away from God. Any group that calls themselves Christians and loves #45 needs to go back and read the bible. Apparently, they don't know it very well...literally nothing he does is a reflection of what the bible says Jesus wants or expects of us, much less our leaders....and I went there because I'm figuring that any group that is hating on Hillary usually loves that grifter-in-chief, #45.

Leaders - be it of a church or a nation - are (supposed to be) held to a higher standard than the rest of us. I seriously wonder how in the world someone that calls themselves a Christian and knows even the basics of the bible can justify wanting DT as president.

1 person likes this.
  5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

stop and consider what the phrase "taking the Lord's name in vain" actually means...don't have anything to do with cussin'....
    'nuff said.

6. Slipikins

Slipikins Members

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/pray-for-those-who-abuse-you

I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump because they are both gross in my eyes but this link is sound scripture and Christians are commanded to love and pray for everyone. If you really call yourself a Christian then you should find it heartbreaking that anyone was "lost". You'd not take pleasure in it since technically you're as lost as they are and you didn't save yourself.

1 person likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

presumption is a sin? i don't think i ever heard that one.

i like to think it's possible to hate more than one corrupt politician at a time.

1 person likes this.
  8. SaltyDawg

SaltyDawg Members

I believe that Hillary is now living in hell as all of her arrogance and delusions of power have been taken away not by God but by the will of the people who she felt that she was so much smarter and richer than.
    It may not have been what some people would believe is God's will that vanquished her but it definitely was a manifestation of the totality of spiritual justice that set us on this path of the journey that humanity is metamorphing into that the majority of humans on this planet feels we should be on.
    We're just here for a short time, enjoy the stay.

9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Revelation does talk about saints rejoicing the fate of sinners, but I think it's a mistake to interpret Revelation literally. Revelation also says that those who overcome will rule the nations. Personally, I don't think I will be the ruler of Russia, China and India if I overcome.

Jesus said don't judge. That's good enough for me.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Hillary has been cursed enough. Just look at that hag face.

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Err...yes and no. Not the way the OP uses it, but in Catholic doctrine, the presumption of sin is that it's acceptable to sin because God is forgiving--i.e. there's no real consequence to sin, so just go for it, and then later go through the motions of atonement without the sincerity in your heart. It's the attempt to pull the wool over God's eyes.

1 person likes this.