War on Terror-why arn't we winning ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Summerhill, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

You must be mistaken-Ive NOOOOOO idea whom you could be referring to. Lol !

2. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

by request of roamy...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2P4Wz_ZvY"]Reaction to Bobby Sands' death - YouTube

3. roamy

roamy Senior Member

go raibh maith agat ranger:2thumbsup::)

4. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Thanks Bobby Sands.

5. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Umm actually I shouldn't even have to defend these beliefs, when we see major protests about the way America conducts business, all over the Middle East! (More specifically Yeman, Libya, Egypt, Benghazi and, more!) Iran probably hates us due to us saying they're an "evil regime," secretly killing their scientists and, trying to wage war! And those in other countries are probably pretty nervous about the growing threat of American troops surrounding them. (Even though many of their governments may support our Governments intervention due to bribes.) I think it's pretty obvious that we're not making friends by Drone striking innocent women and children in these countries!!

Furthermore, the build up of Al Qaeda in places where the US gets involved, is undeniable! Already, we've seen a build up of Al Qaeda in Iraq, Libya, Yeman, Pakistan, Syria and, more!; One could argue that we made it really easy for them to take power as we left most of those countries with tons of dead civilians, and still in peril. Afghanistan will probably be the same. Once our troops move out of there, Al Qaeda will be back in collecting on the opium there, and gaining recruits who now want revenge on America for yet another dead family member.

it's not just my opinion; The CIA coined the term "Blowback," meaning people grow to hate us due to our interventionalism.

Blow-back
    The unintended adverse results of a political action or situation.

"We try to help these people, yet they hate us cause we're free"
    This is sadly the argument of many ignorant Americans. When the truth is, that our interventionalism mixed with our "unconditional" protection for the "Jewish State," is the reason we're in this Gihad to start with!

The Jewish and Muslim people have been fighting thousands of years, and America chose sides by taking land from it's rightful owners and, giving it to the Jews because "God selected that land for the Jews" Meanwhile they had left it Hundreds of years earlier, but were still somehow "Entitled to it."

I hope that was a little more specific. No, 100% of the Middle East and people don't hate us, but it is probably a Majority of the citizens in that area, because we're only seen as war mongers and Zionist supporters.

6. roamy

roamy Senior Member

our strong connection with the french. Expedition D'Irelande.the first ever Irish flag was made of paris best silk presented personally to an irishman on a visit ta france for our flag ta be made from.they changed the name of westminster street to bobby sands street on his death r.i.p.many french towns and citys are named after him in france,as in many other countries.

7. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

The Joos.

Do we have to go there?

8. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Hey, I know Ive said that the Wests support for Israel,in defiance of the Rights of the Palistinians is a grievous wrong but I'm in no way anti Semetic. I just believe that the Jewish claim ,based on their previous occupation of that area long ago & some old testament referances is not a valid cause for their occupation now. Just as the Protestant community have lived in Ulster for hundreds of years now. Times change,get on with it !

9. odonII

odonII O

Unfortunately, jews do make up a large part of some people/groups rhetoric.
    Summerhills thoughts at one end of the spectrum, and wiping Israel from the map at the other. With the Jewish conspiracy in the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQTQac_FtI"]JEWS INVOLVED IN 9/11 NOT OSAMA BIN LADEN WHO DIED THE YEAR IT HAPPENED! - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFoKJ6xJ1i4"]Osama bin Laden Calls For Jihad Against Israel - YouTube

Oh, and Islam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQjZHFnmADQ"]Anne-Marie Waters | Islam Is Not A Peaceful Religion | Oxford Union - YouTube

10. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Thanks odonII ,seriously, for those vids but particularly for the last one ,Anne Marie Waters. I could'nt fault anything she said. It makes the point that I was 'dancing around' that its not moderate western Muslims that we have issues with but the medieval practices of middle eastern Islam,generally speaking.

Having had no Reformation,no Synod-like body or Leader to interpret the Koran,draw together its feuding factions & guide its evolution (while ensuring the integrity of faith) in the modern world,Islams becoming a religion of contradictions,of two worlds.

After 9/11 & then 7/7 & others I,for one, was frustrated at the lack of outcry against the perpetrators by 'our' Muslims. The response I heard was that it is considered un-Islamic for a Muslim to critisize another. After the murder of Lee Rigby,recently, there was a unified condemnation of the Terrorist acts by National British Mosques & Muslim organisations but it looked like staged PR to me.

11. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Page 69 into this war on terror and we're at the joos and the religion of Islam being opposed to living in peace with them.

See what a can of worms you've opened Summerhill?

12. roamy

roamy Senior Member

stephen lemmon your a nutcase.ann waters your just another maggie thatcher and bin laden you will never be" bin an gone"ta your people.your people will be free! and just like irish republican army your people will be in parliment as mediators and your country will know peace!a long road ahead,but just like us ye'll know freedom! from war and permanent peace!our prayers are with ye.r.i.p. bin with bobby an co.:love::)

13. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Yep,I ,like everyone else,blunders along trying to get to the truth. Whats the alternative?
    Or we can stay blinkered & ignorant & soak up the 'media narrative'...nope,no peace down that road either! The truth can be tough but it is the only real road to peace-does that scare you?

Now wheres that can opener...

14. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror

Page 124: One element American commentators underestimate is Muslim love for Osama—"love for his defense of the faith, the life he lives, the heroic example he sets, and the similarity of that example to other heroes in the pantheon of Islamic history."

I wonder if Osama is admired among Muslims. Any Muslims out there? Do you admire Osama?

15. roamy

roamy Senior Member

its not a war on terror.its a war on peace!

16. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Why don't you ask roamy,she puts Bin up there with Bobby Sands,tho I don't think Bobby would thank her for it. Your point has validity tho'. Our discussion would be much richer & I daresay productive if we had some actual Muslims in this discussion...and some supporters of terrorism with some real arguments.

I certainly do not admire Osama.

17. roamy

roamy Senior Member

wrong! bobby would have helped him.

18. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

You probably know a lot more about Bobby Sands than I do. What little I know of the guy I admire,whether he & I would agree in an arguement about politics or not. All I know is that he made the ultimate sacrifice for his beliefs,a rare & truly selfless act.
    To mention BL in the same sentence is,for me,to show disrespect. BL was party to the murder of innocents,including Muslims,his only legacy is more pointless slaughter. He may have been a brave man but he certainly was an evil man. Look at how these two men met their ends, no comparison.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You certainly wouldn't have to defend so much all the time if you would be more specific right away ;) :2thumbsup:

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

did i mention it is an unwinable war?