Wanna start growing

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by Drent, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Drent

Drent Guest

I checked out these forums and they seem pretty cool. I dont know much about weed I took a couple hits a party once and liked it obviously.
    I got a few questions about growing:

1 Where can I get seeds? Ordering isnt an option in my case

2 Why does it matter if the plant is male or female? Which is prefered to smoke and why? Buds are more potent than leaves right?

3 I live in the desert but Im growing indoors, do I need to check humidity and
    temperature?

4 Any tips are great :D

2. Just a daily toke

Just a daily toke Senior Member

1. Buy some middies, get like a half oz and you will get alot of seeds
    2. Females are the ones with the buds, you want to get ride of the males asap so they dont kill the females off, and yes the flower ( bud of the plant ) is way more potent then the leaves, but you can make hash with all your leaves and stems
    3. Im not 100% sure on this but you probably wont have to
    4. Google is your best friend....

3. tokedup-chad

tokedup-chad Member

if you've only smoked weed occasionally, at parties and such you should really try to familiarize yourself with it some more before attempting a grow.

sooo many factors to take into consideration when growing weed. my best advice would be doing some research for a couple weeks before you jump into something totally unprepared... you can throw a seed in some soil, provide sun and yes, it'll grow, but if you want quality smoke and a decent yield, be ready to put a lot of time effort, and even a little $ into it.

read up on it, ask around, use forums like this- theres definitely some fucking smart people on here. i've grown twice before, and assisted with various grow-ops, and im still getting the hang of it myself.

post back when you do some research and stuff, and update us on your situation (grow area, lights, number of plants, type of weed, growing medium etc) and maybe some more specific questions and i'll be glad to assist.

do some reading and best of luck!

4. peace music life

peace music life Member

1. Just buy like an eighth of some good quality bud from your neighborhood dealer. It should come with seeds. And if not, see if your dealer has some seeds stored at home that he saved.

2. Female plants are the ones that produce buds. Destroy all of the males as soon as possible or they'll turn the females into males also. Females are preferred to be smoked because they have a lot higher THC level than the males. And yes, buds are WAY more potent than the leaves. Buds = weed(of course), leaves = hash.

3. As long as it's inside your house, you'll be okay. Cannabis has survived for thousands of years in the most tropical areas, so the Cannibae plant specie should be pretty used to hot weather and humidity(example, the islands of Jamaica. How do you think the Rastafarians got all their herb?)

4. Just be sure to germinate your seeds, rip all the males up, and water them often(just don't drown them.) Look on google for more info.

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

check out our info also; http://www.mjguide.com/modules.php?name=Tutorials

Males kill females!>O Did ya mean impregnate them, so that they produce seeds? The blooms better know as buds are most potent part of plant.

40-80 percent humidity and 42-120F is a good rle of thumb for growing mj:>)

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

^^^ well spotted cant beat a good scary story, never worked for me but if ya start seeds off with a few mature males your ment to get a few more females then normal.

7. AlvisDwinDuscha

AlvisDwinDuscha Member

same here :) sometime

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i have a problem with telling buddie he can grow at 42 degrees F....you need a particular strain to survive such low temp....dah....and 120F...sure if you stand over it with waterin can....kind of basic mis-info...its correct but wrong

11111you can buy seeds over the internet...the vancouver seed bank is well known and dependable[marc emery]...this site has a link somewhere to another xendor...a banner i think....you also find seeds in the weed that people smoke....good weed has no seeds but once in a while one will show up....save it...

seeds online are around 50 bucks for5-10...better to ask people...

most smokers save seeds and will give them to friends specially if you promise a portion of the crop

22222222 the thc that gets you high is mainly in and near the flower of the female

smoke a male and all you get is a headache

we rip out males so the females dont get seeds[they cant seed without male pollen].....advanced growers can pollinate specific branches so only part gets seeds....they plant those next year...its also how we cross one strain with another...one female can be cross pollenated with several dif males using extreme care and skill

333333333333 yes....abso fuckin lutely

444444444pro grower ed rosenthal knows more than most....search him...

hightimes,com.......articles....

i wish i had of done what this dude is planning when i was a youngin'

good luck and keep air temp 68-72 for a beginner:D

9. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

"i have a problem with telling buddie he can grow at 42 degrees F....you need a particular strain to survive such low temp....dah....and 120F...sure if you stand over it with waterin can....kind of basic mis-info...its correct but wrong"

When living on the Lost coast, the temps would dip below 42 F at times during sleep cycle; and I grew many different strains. So, I know wherefore I speak. Granted these aren't idea conditions, but it's possible. As to 120F it's just another extreme that if one may not be able to control, is possible to grow a crop. The optimum is somewhere in between of course:>)