wandering imagination

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by pink floyd, Mar 11, 2008.

1. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

so i often find myself imagining my death for no real reason. it doesn't have fear attached to it, just like a movie playing in my head..

for example, when i'm driving over an overpass i'll see myself driving straight off the side, crashing into an agricultural field full of cows. or when i'm walking down the street, i'll think about being shot in the head from out of the blue.
    Or a bus will wreck into me and it'll be all nice and gory.

i dont know if this is "normal" .. but does this happen to other people...

2. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

When I hear a plane or a copter flying outside, I always think about it crashing into the house or dropping bombs.
    I'm not gonna say these thoughts are fear free though.

3. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

no ........ man. it doesn't.

4. pink floyd

yeah well its more of a "what if" thing of amusement to me... which is kind of sick, haha

5. Waking Life

is that a gargoyle? Like desdemona?

6. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I do the same thing, sarah. I think it just has something to do, (for me), with being aware of what could happen. a little morbid, yes, but its just one of those things. I amnot a morbid person by any means.

7. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I had a whole period of my life fantasizing my death by gun wound.

I grew up middle class, but I've experienced some instances of extreme violence when young.

Now all of that is gone.

8. pink floyd

WL, wha?

Cate- well at least im not the only one :D good. i feel the same... its like, i want to be ready for any situation...

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Daydreaming is perfectly normal and even healthy; the content whether positive or negative doesn’t not reflect upon you as a person [​IMG]

Hotwater

10. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Yeah, no worries Sarah.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i occasionally think about that, but certainly not often

12. Waking Life

Oh, your avatar picture reminds me of one of my favorite cartoons ever! The girl gargoyle was the first love of my life.

[​IMG]

13. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I hate to be the bad guy here, but such morbid thoughts reflect on your psyche same as a Rorschach Test. Maybe you could talk to someone. Well I guess you are.

14. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Yeah, this sometimes happens to me too but I also imagine good things happening as well as everything inbetween. There could be other explanations other then a reflection of the psyche, such as it being the experiencing of simultaneous multiple realities or just mental simulations in preparation of if something like that actually happened.

15. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

we all have twisted thoughts, pink. I think it's healthy to realize that terrible things can happen to us. in the sheltered lives most people lead these days it can sometimes be strange and maybe difficult to imagine something happening to ourselves, realize that it's possible, just like it happened to those people you read about in the papers.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my imagination lives in the world i would rather be. there is no normal. there is only sanity, which is the avoidance of stumbling over your emotional shoelaces.

=^^=
    .../\...

17. myself

myself just me

I used to think, when I was a child, what was going to happen with my toys after I died, how they'd be lying in a garbage can somewhere...lol...

18. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Now that is kinda creepy. ^^ Sad too. :(

If I thought about crashing my car while driving..... well it just might happen 'cause I'm OCD like that and I'd start having a panic attack.

That's why I don't drive.

19. Van_Gogh

Van_Gogh Senior Member

I have goliath, brooklyn, and bronx the evil dog gargoyle thing as action figures :D

the gargoyles were the best

20. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

It happens to me sometimes, not in a suicidal way (I've been there, I'd know if they were) or wishing it on anyone, more like after you see a movie and something reminds you of it, but without the movie. When I was a kid my school had a glass roof near the entrance and I'd picture it crashing down all the time, not nessicarily on me though.