Walking in a... Spring Wonderland.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, I was supposed to go to a festival today... first festival of the year that I generally go to, here in VA, every year. I've never seen this happen in all 15, 16 years or so we've lived here.

I have never seen snow in April, in Southeast VA...

This blows my mind.

I hadn't even looked out the window or anything. You know, sometimes I wake up in the morning and then I always think crazy thoughts, like what if some country attacked us or there was some big war that broke out ( :rolleyes: ) while I was asleep.

Anyway, I looked out the window and I pretty much had my mouth gaping in offense and I nearly slipped on one of those little entry... square rug things. I have no idea what the technical term is for those things. I was genuinely shocked and appalled...

There is probably about three inches of snow on the ground right now. I haven't seen that much snow on the ground around here in... well, eight, nine years?

I was totally planning on meeting up with friends and chilling for a bit, but now it's like... now what. I live on the corner of main street and this side street, and my street is usually used for unloading and offloading people, for the festival. I usually busk while people walk down my street, and make enough money to go get an oyster po'boy or something from the festival then go catch a concert, but I haven't seen one shuttle bus drive through the area yet. My old English teacher was supposed to be playing on one of the stages today, too. First time he was supposed to play this thing.

:eek: W....hat?

2. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Crazy man o_O

It's warm here, bout 20 degrees Celcius......

3. Orsino2

Yeah, that's generally how it is every year when I go to it. Somewhere in the 80s fahrenheit.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We had six inches of snow on Wednesday but it's fairly common up here in early April. Our neighbors in Maine received the jackpot with totals of up to 20 inches.

April can really be a fucked up month, one day it's 70 F and the next it's in the 30's and snowing.

Hotwater

5. Orsino2

Yeah, one more reason not to live there, for me. :eek: I think I'd much prefer going back to Alaska... there's usually just a shitload of rain in the panhandle, though the temperatures are still pretty well balanced till around May-June/construction season, despite being bitterly cold, at times... still hits the 90s, everyone and their neighbors have their own cannabis plants, no real police, not too much crime, and you never even have to really consider pollution or smog of any sort, up there--plus free land is being given away by a town outside of Anchorage, right now, which would be a great area considering the vicinity. We lived down towards Juneau, but the only time any of us had been there was when my dad was a Coastie... since it's plane or boat access, only.

The Bush and going towards Yellowknife or Whitehorse... pretty amazing country. I've only been back once since we moved out of there. Makes you wonder how the contiguous 48 used to be. I've always liked what Alaska means... Land that is not an island. :D Those crazy Inuits and Clingits. :rolleyes:

Most of the time we're well into the 80s, this time of the year. In fact, we've already hit 90+ degrees, this year...

Weirdass fronts... and then there's always that little thing in the back of your mind, quietly shouting "Oh shit... global warming?"

6. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

31 here. :eek: Fahrenheit, that is.

2 inches of snow.

7. Orsino2

Whoa. :eek: You.. only had a half-inch or so earlier. It snowed a couple more times today... it's just been scattered snowshowers, then it melted in about an hour.

And.. I don't know why 13 Going On 30 is on and Discovery isn't on.

Haha, I actually saw that movie in theatre, alone, when it came out.

8. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

there's been blizzards here all day.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Alaska is one of only two states I haven't visited, but I'd love to vacation there some day.

Without "Seward's Folly" Alaska Today could very well be a permanent red state, but not in terms of a republican stronghold, but in terms of the Red Army.

In retrospect, the purchase of Alaska from Russia in terms of it's location and natural resources was one of the greatest land purchases ever concocted. Imagine the tactical advantage Russia would have had during the cold war had they not conceded what they deemed at the time "just a few more barren acres of arctic wilderness" [​IMG]

Hotwater

10. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

We definately got hit with a cold front....us former CSA states that is. It snowed all northern GA, a few minor flurries here and record lows last night. WOW :party:

maybe we'll have an ice storm and not have to go to school for the whole week

11. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

Its warm here which is unusual for April but yesterday we were one of the coldest cities in New Zealand, I can't keep up with this weather {laughs} :D

12. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

yeah, we have snow here...

It's bizarre, we had a green (snowless) Christmas but a white Easter ...
    Mmmm :D

13. Orsino2

Same. :D

We had an extremely green Christmas.