wakarusa 06' lineup

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by jacobfredjo, Dec 17, 2005.

1. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

Just wanted to let everyone know there are a few slots of Wakarusa 06 being filled. The big one is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. He will be playing one day i believe, but you can check it out @flecktones.com and see their tour schedule. Also, on the wakarusa forum people said Groovatron and Shantigroove are confirmed slots. More will be announced soon!

2. mimosa

mimosa Banned

I've heard locally that Trampled by Turtles may be there. If you haven't heard them you're in for a treat.

3. jacobfredjo

no i havent. What kind of music is it?

4. mimosa

mimosa Banned

TBT is "hardcore bluegrass" or some such, anyway, they have some great original songs, and do awesome Dylan covers from time to time (as well as others but those are my favorites, especially Shelter from the Storm, it'll bring tears to your eyes) they play sitting down which is ironic because they keep the audience on their feet dancing most shows.

They have a website, www.trampledbyturtles.com if you want to hear a clip of them, I'm sure there's one there.

If Umphreys McGee AND Trampled by Turtles play Wakarusa, I am so there. It was a great festival last year, so much good music, just amazing.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

wakarusa will not fall on fathers day weekend this year, so that would be good for me..... :D I hope the lineup is a phat one. its right in my backyard, so I dont have to travel too far.

I went the first year, but even then I couldnt go on sunday...... I didnt even attempt to go the second, but Id like to be there for the third

6. jacobfredjo

yeah the fathers day thing seems to really screw with people. Luckily my father lives in lawrence...same place as wak. So i just gave him a phone call and hung out monday after i got back lol. !st year was awesome. Keller, Randolph, STS9, JFJO, Jazz Mandolin Project were unbeatable....however you missed Conspirator (disco biscuits side project..amazing) Xavier Rudd, Lotus, Umphreys, String Cheese. I think the 1st year was better overal...better music and atmosphere. BUT the second year had a lot of cool things the first didnt. Cant fucking wait till no.3. looks likes its gonna be a success with the flecktones already signing on.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I heard I didnt miss out on too much the second year........ there seems to be alot more drugs, and thats all what most people are there for, which is quite a drag..... thats why I dont want to go camping anymore....... its a huge drug and alcohol fest. if I go, Ill just drive there and back

8. jacobfredjo

this is awesome BENEVENTO RUSSO DUO just announced a spot with wakarusa. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY :) the Duo kicks major ass. I wonder if Mike Gordon will be along as well? i doubt it. Man this lineup is really smokin so far. I cant wait for waka 06!!!

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

here is the lineup so far:

Robert Randolph and the Family Band
    The Greyboy Allstars
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
    Keller Williams
    Michael Franti and Spearhead
    Gomez
    The Mutaytor
    Buckethead
    Dirty Dozen Brass Band
    Cross Canadian Ragweed
    Railroad Earth
    Bernie Worrell and the WOO Warriors
    Benevento-Russo Duo
    ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra)
    Perpetual Groove
    Tim Reynolds
    Cracker
    New Monsoon
    Brother's Past
    Assembly of Dust
    The Cat Empire
    Split Lip Rayfield
    Pnuma Trio
    Chubby Carrier
    Lucero
    Donna the Buffalo
    Jake Shimabukuro
    Brandi Carlile
    Delta Nove
    MOFRO
    Shooter Jennings
    Camper Van Beethoven
    LotusAndrew Bird
    Shanti Groove
    Yard Dog Road ShowRose Hill Drive
    Honeytribe featuring Devon Allman
    Backyard Tire Fire
    Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
    Tea Leaf Green

10. scents&subtlesou

scents&subtlesou Member

i'm going again! 2005 was the shit and 2006 only looks better!!!!

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

having shooter jennings there is quite odd...... I figured he would fit more with the redneck crowd at country stampede festival in manhattan, ks.

12. jacobfredjo

ive never even heard of him. But with a name like Shooter Jennings i knew he couldnt have been that cool lol. p.s. manhattan sucks

Has anyone ever heard anything about the mutaytor? they look pretty crazy in the waka website but i havent heard of em.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

shooter jennings is waylon jennings son. Im sure youve heard of waylon.

and yes I know manhattan sucks. I lived there for a year and a half ( I was goin to college at kansas state)

14. jacobfredjo

RECENT BIG WAKARUSA ADDITIONS:

GOVT MULE
    LES CLAYPOOL
    DISCO BISCUITS
    truckstop honeymoon
    groovatron
    MORE

This lineup is getting better and better. Now that claypool, buckethead, and bernie worrell are all at the fest i wonder if well see a bucket of bernine brains thing go on? How cool would that.

And the disco biscuits are gonna be a HUGE addition for anyones lineup.

15. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

les claypool?? no way....

16. jacobfredjo

Claypool will attract a ton of fans alone. But if he plays a C2B3 set that would be so awesome!

17. White_Widow

White_Widow Member

Whats up... I am planning on coming down for Wakarusa this summer and I was just wondering if anyone has been before and knows what the scene is like, in terms of taking drugs and such. The website makes the festival seem strict. Hopefully it has been chill in the past...

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

oh geezus. is that all you people go to festivals for?? ^^

the festival is about the music, not the drugs.