Vonnegut gave me nightmares...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by phillyrp314, Jun 2, 2004.

1. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Funny, last night I read "Cat's Cradle" by Vonnegut. I thought it was a great book, as I have never read much of his work. Once I started it I couldn't stop. But later last night I awoke from a real freaky dream, similair to the events in the conclusion of the book. Mainly a frozen ocean, tornadoes filling the sky, and basically chaos in the form of an apocalypse. Then this morning it dawned on me as I remembered most of the dream that it was actually a recurring nightmare that I haven't had for years. I found it interesting that the book triggered something I haven't dreamt of for awhile. It was a bit eerie how much the two events were so similair. How often do things like this happen to you? This occurs somewhat frequently for me, but usually not in the form of nightmares.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love Cat's Cradle.... it's such a good book!

3. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Hmm, I might go read some of that in the bookstore. Virtual synchronicity is a good sign.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

never read thatun...I really like everything of his I have read. Player Piano is great!!!!!

5. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I still consider Zelaznys Lord of Light to be my super hero all time enlightener novel.