Voice Chat on WoW

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

These people sound as nerdy as they truly are.

2. Xac

Xac Visitor

They must be, i consider myself a bit of a net freak and even though i dont play as much, also a video game nerd and i found the idea of WoW repulsive.

I downloaded a game once that was suppose to be pretty similar to WoW but free... i played it for a couple of days and got really bored... its like doing weights without the results... always training ur character to do more so he can... do more...

The only fun part was when i stopped and decided to chase people down to give them my gold/stuff before i unistalled it.

3. Kinky Ramona

It does suck. I don't play...but god knows everyone else here does. :rolleyes:

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

Texas or Hipforums?

5. Kinky Ramona

My house, lol.

6. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

play wow on a private server (naxponline is a good one)

much better game that way.

7. CaptainLS

CaptainLS Banned

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Mmmmmmmmmmjenkins

8. Kinky Ramona

I'm not paying $15 a month so I can play, too.

9. Dave_techie

private servers are free

10. Kinky Ramona

No way! Well, the douchebags here shut that idea down as soon as I presented it to them. Pah, see if I buy him another fucking WoW card. Nope nope nope.

11. Xac

Xac Visitor

That would be Enabling... Enabling is bad :D no more WoW cards for the ones you care about :D

12. Dave_techie

you can find a server of any kind out there, I mean, they want blizzrate, they can find it, they want a server where you kill one mana wyrm, boom, 80, they can find that.

hell, if they want a server with an economy more strict than blizz's they can find that too

the thing is that private servers don't need you to stick around to make money, they actually spend money to allow you to be there in most cases, and do it because the love the game

so there are MANY fewer time sinks, less gold sinks (as gold = time) and much more tightly knit communities, I can chill with alliance dudes, and have even gone on raids with alliance folk on one of the servers I was on, because it was allowed, and it was cool, I had to disable autotargeting, and I had to babysit my felguard, but it worked

and it was fuckin' fun.

13. broony

broony Banned

even 15 a month for endless hours of game play is nothing.

i dont play wow but i do understand liking a game.

14. Kinky Ramona

Haha, they shot the idea down because all their friends on there are on paid servers. It'd be kinda like them suggesting to me to post at a different forum.

15. Dave_techie

I don't understand not liking the more fun version better.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

or you could spend $15 one time and have any other game for the rest of your life... (well the rest of the CD's life anyway)

17. Xac

Xac Visitor

Im not going to discuss which is better cos its WoW but i will say some people are very into doing things "properly".

18. Dave_techie

which is insane to me.

I'd rather drop into the nexus and raid some shit than spend 100 hours of my lifegetting to the level at which I CAN do that, and then spend another 1000 hours getting geared up, and then told because I chose the wrong armor set I'm not worthy to drop in with that crew.

19. Xac

Xac Visitor

I think i understand, because there are less people, you can play the game for what it is, with out obssesive leveling?

20. Dave_techie

I don't have to wait hours for a spawn, I play on servers with an amped exp rate, because, I think it's more fun to be able to sit down for ten minutes a day and see progress.

I like being able to go to quel danas with a friendly high level druid as soon as I start my toon, get an aura of thorns, and just stand by a crystal ward, leave my computer running for however long the AoT lasts, and just level off the level 60 10 hp sods that the crystal wards spawn, come back, go farm some level 40 humanoids, and have enough gold to gear myself out pretty respectably.