visiting woodstock, ny

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by kitty fabulous, Mar 7, 2005.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i'm taking a 5 day vacation in april and i want to go somewhere artsy. i'm considering woodstock, mainly because i've never been there.

can anyone familiar with woodstock recommend a good (cheap) place to stay? i'll be arriving by bus, and getting around town on foot, so if there's anything that's kind of centrally located it would be ideal (although i realize probably more expensive). walking distance for me is about a mile or two, but i'm completely unfamiliar with the town, so it'll have to be easy to find.

thanks.

2. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

Woodstock n.y. is one of my favorite places to go. Once your there, its relatively easy to get around without getting lost.
    As far as a cheap place to stay, i suggest one of the nearby campgrounds, they have running water, bathroom, and shower facilities in case your worried about that sort of thing.

3. Jude96

Jude96 Members

not sure where else to post but the wife and i have been browsing Woodstock real estate for over a year. we live in windham now which isn't overly far but does anyone have opinions on the town and actually living there? house isn't on market yet