Visiting Germany

Discussion in 'Germany' started by aquacrystal682, Jun 7, 2012.

1. aquacrystal682

aquacrystal682 Member

I'm going to be staying in Gotha, Germany for two weeks. I leave on June thirteenth. What type of cultural changes should I expect?
    I'm going with Gastonia Sister Cities and staying at the house of a very nice girl named Caroline. She says she likes to party, but I don't know what "party" would mean in Germany. I figured it would mean something slightly different than the "get drunk and dance" party that seems to be liked over here in the US.
    What type of things should I bring with me?
    What places should I try to visit?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They like to get drunk and dance over there too. You should bring a napkin though cause they like to eat bratwurst while partying!

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

There will be no red plastic cups. :D

Apart from that you don't have to bring anything specific .... there are no particular "dress codes" or anything like that. People are pretty relaxed.

Visit Erfurt and Weimar (famous for cultural heritage). There's also beautiful forests around.

4. _Bob_

_Bob_ Una Tana Bibi

I've only been to Berlin, but I liked it a lot. The people are very friendly, laid back and polite, and the city's very multicultural. In fact, I'm planning to move there, as I should have some job opportunities coming up pretty soon there.

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

only novices need napkins while eating bratwurst. The sauerkraut is more tricky to handle without napkins.

Regards
    Gyro

PS: Don't forget your towel.