Vision correction

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Death, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Death

Death Grim Reaper

I have a theory that the human race's vision as a whole is going to get worse.

Back before you could get your vision corrected, if you couldn't see you couldn't see. You couldn't effectively hunt, navigate, etc.. You died.

I see humans eyes evolving to grow the lenses at whatever angle and whatnot now, because it's like, genetic traits that get passed down that normally would be eaten by bears.

I imagine this can be applied to other genetic flaws getting perpetuated because of treatment too.

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Given time we could possibly genetically change. That is what has historically happened.

In this case though the need for vision would have to be one that survival depended on as that tends to be what has caused change in the past. We have moved further away from base instincts of survival for the most part so I am not sure if then it would instead be another way to cope with the lessening of vision for example.

Not sure but interesting to think about. :)