Virginia tech shooting

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by veroness, Apr 16, 2007.

1. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

31 people dead currently. and at least 29 in hospitals. can you believe such a thing? what gives a person the right to kill and harm so many? i cant belive this has happend!

2. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Having majored in engineering, I'm sure that the shootings happening in 2 engineering buildings is no co-wink-a-dink

3. ruski

ruski Senior Member

how can people justify the goodness of guns when shit like that goes down all the time in the USA.

4. FlyingBurritoBro

FlyingBurritoBro Sing Me Back Home

I haven't heard anyone "justify the goodness of guns" (whatever that means). Maybe you'd like to elaborate?

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

The "goodness" of guns isn't the issue, it's the availability of guns for the crazies that like to shoot people.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So all people who own guns go on rampages? If people were allowed to carry guns on campus, this would have never happened. After all, Virginia is a concealed carry state, and it was just weeks prior to this incident that all guns were banned from being allowed on the campus.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Oh so now you're a proponent of gun ownership? Don't the libs call you guys Murder, Inc?

Ahahahahahaha

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I have always been a proponent of 2nd Amendment rights. And I could not be further from a liberal.

9. Zoomie

Oh. I see. So the constitution is one big fat lie and yet you support the parts of it that you like.

You really are an elitist asshole.

10. FlyingBurritoBro

FlyingBurritoBro Sing Me Back Home

And I was hoping ruski would defend her position and we'd have an intelligent debate.

11. Zoomie

Wasn't necessary, she's correct.

12. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

the issue isnt the guns(theyve been around longer than school shootings), its the increase in crazies.

13. Zoomie

And as I posted in theother thread, you can't do anything about someone who suddenly has some short circuit in their head and decides a few dozen fellow citizens of Gaia are going back into the maelstrom of souls. They KNEW the two who perpetrated the Columbine shootings were going to do something and no one believed it. But are we strip searching students in high schools to find guns? No. Most schools don't have metal detectors, only high risk inner city schools (which is racist, btw).

I feel for the families, the futures and talents snuffed out. But in the end, it's just another form of population control. In the end we really do "take care of our own".

14. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

LMFAO! :lol:

Seriously?

How many species actually take steps to control their population? Population tends to grow exponentially within the limits that it's environment and external threats will allow. You put a bunch of deer on an island with no natural predators and they will eat and breed until there is too many deer and not enough food, then there is a sharp drop. they don't start killing each other because of some inner drive to reduce their numbers. If they do start killing each other it's only because of a lack of resources. We dont "take care of our own" in regards to population any more than deer do. some species do pay attention to population, they are few and they are not us.

not population control, just a crazie.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Here's the latest:

BLACKSBURG, Va. - Thirty-three people, including the gunman, were killed on a Virginia university campus Monday in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. At least 15 other people were injured, some of them as they leapt to safety from the windows of a classroom building.
    The shootings, which took place in two locations at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, came just four days before the eighth anniversary of the Columbine High School bloodbath near Littleton, Colo. They created panic and confusion at the college, where students and employees angrily asked why the first e-mail warning did not go out to them until the gunman had struck a second time.

Nearly 50 victims
    Federal law enforcement officials said the gunman killed himself after he shot dozens of people at the college in southwest Virginia. Thirty-two people were confirmed dead, in addition to the gunman.

At least 15 other people were treated for gunshot wounds or other injuries, some of whom had jumped from Norris Hall, an engineering classroom building where the second wave of shootings took place. Their conditions were not reported.

Campus Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said Monday night that investigators had preliminarily identified the gunman, whose name he did not reveal.

Hotwater

16. Zoomie

You better hit them books, son. Or talk to PinkFloyd, she's the biologist. It starts in the mammal world with rodentia. They control their population very well during lean years so that they survive. Many species of boid, iguanid and crocodilian have significantly smaller clutches during dry years to ensure that as a species they survive. And I know many fish have cyclically active reproductive seasons. Want to guess why?

Humans just do it with style.

And now I remember why I had you blocked.

17. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

this mystifies and enrages me as well. why didn't a warning go out after the first shooting? why were classes continuing as normal! even more sickeningly, how come i knew about the first shooting, skimming the CNN website while i sipped my morning coffee, while the students who were in danger did not?

i hope this shuts down the college. i hope they get sued out of existence. over 30 dead, and why? when they knew! so many lives lost to beurocratic laziness!

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

What kind of a warning is an e-mail anyway? I doubt that very many people are constantly connected to there e-mail like it would take for it to work as any kind of warning.

19. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Wow...just wow. I can't believe they didn't have more concern towards their students' safety than that. Isn't school supposed to be a place you feel safe, even if it is college?

20. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I blame marilyn manson.