Vintage Paraphernalia?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by newo, Mar 18, 2013.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone have any old smoking paraphernalia lying around they'd like to show us? You know, pipes, hookahs, early bongs and water pipes that you'd have bought in a head shops back in the 60s or 70s. I've gone thru many such devices over many years but haven't held on to them, from time to time I've sold them, given them away, thrown them out or else they were stolen from me.

If you still have anything like it, stored away in your closet or basement, or if you find something displayed on the web, please submit a picture, let's start a museum thread!

2. newo

Let me help get it started. Here's Shelley Winters from the 1968 movie "Wild in the Streets" sucking on a classic bubbler.

[​IMG]

3. newo

Here's another old bubbler I found on the web:

[​IMG]

Before there were head shops, hippies would by their pipes at tobacco stores, but they tended toward the more ornate ones such as these:

[​IMG]

4. newo

I just bought this piece at a yard sale for just $2. It's 7 inches high and the bowl is 1 1/2 inches in diameter, I put a quarter inside it so you can tell how big it is. I don't know how old it is but it's obviously not designed for smoking pot nowadays. Maybe I'll get a quantity of shake sometime and try it out, but in the meantime for $2 it's a nice thing just to show people!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah that yard sale one is pretty neat looking.