Veteran for Peace Organizations

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Godzilla1985, May 29, 2006.

1. Godzilla1985

Godzilla1985 Member

Are there any Veterans here that are against the war?
    Anyone here been LIED or Mislead by military recruiter?

I have been looking for Veteran organization's that lobby to change the way things are being ran in the military, and oppose this war ON Iraq. FULL Honesty in military recruiting practices.

What I tell people don't enlist just for the college money, because what the recruiters put out and what people get is about half true. Enlist because you actually want to (or in some cases it's your last resort at having a life) or want to be in 20-30 years and have an actual career, thus the military will have more motivated personnel and the enlistee will have a more fullfilling experiance.
    My recommendation to anyone considering enlisting, is get an associates degree before you enlist. but don't enlist if you have less that 45 college credits. However, If you are going in as an officer or got accepted to a service academy that's a different case. You either have a BS/BA degree or the military is going to foot the bill for your entire education.

2. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

My recruiter has yet to lie to me, ever, therefore making him one of the most honest people I've ever known. Sadly, though, I know that he's one of a few...

I have no college credits and I know quite a few who also have none but are going into a branch of the armed forces. If you want to do it, do it.... just don't be surprised if you get sent to Iraq. :rolleyes:

(by the way, i'm getting more than $36,000 for college). :H.

But I guess I'm a bit confused.... are you a recruiter? Why don't you just stop lying if that is what you do?

3. Godzilla1985

Godzilla1985 Member

That is alot of money for college!! You must have done very well on the ASVAB. Good job. I do hope you learn and have fun during your service.

No, I am not a recruiter. I've been in awhile. The most misleading thing the recruiters talk about is Educational benefits. I would recommend to anyone to read the fine print!

4. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

$36,000 might pay for one and a half semesters at any reputable US college/university these days, but thats about it. It's a pittance in return for being asked to play mercenary for multi-billion dollar industries' hegemonic aims abroad and even less when you factor in the likely psychological trauma (let alone risk of severe incapacitation or death) many incur in the line of combat.

Those taking up contract jobs in Iraq are paid considerably more than that for comparative time spent in the same region. Soldiering is just a poor man's consolation prize that should be evaluated far more critically before signing anything.

5. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I did.. I didn't know that had anything to do with it. :p

It will pay for nearly 2 years at UW-Lacrosse, where I would like to go, and I believe I'm eligible for free college correspondence courses (EArmyU). I should easily be able to receive an Associate's Degree while I'm in, and start working towards my Bachelor's... I should easily be able to have my post-Army college tuition paid for.

If you want to look at it that way, then there's nothing I can say that would change your mind. :rolleyes:

Yes, because you have been there and done that. [​IMG]

6. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

What if you get sent to Iraq,then get killed over there?What good is college when your dead.Fuck school,the worlds going to shit anyways,LIVE IT UP WHILE YOU CAN MAN!Party hard!!!!

7. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

my uncle was in vietnam, he threw punches after he got back and went to jail cuz they didnt think he was actually there and didnt know why he would protest