Very sad today

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Super_Grrl, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Well... I woke up to find Sgt. P had passed on during the night... what an awful day. Of course I'm back at school after Xmas vacation, so I was by myself. Fortunately my Dad was not too far away (he works in a neighbouring city) so he came down and is taking Sgt. P back home to Toronto, and is going to bury him in the backyard. *sigh* My little room seems so big and empty now without his sweet little face, I miss him so much my stomach is aching. Be nice to me guys, I need some love today.

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Losing a pet can be extremely painful. My best wishes.

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Aww, I'm sowwy. :( I feel your pain.

4. velvet

velvet Banned

Ohhwww... so sorry sis *hug*.. I have a pet rabbit that has kept me company through different boyfriends, fights with parents etc etc and I'd miss him sooooo much.. I can totally understand what you're going through! Take care!!

*big hug*

5. hiro

hiro pursue it

I am sorry. What kind of pet was it?

6. velvet

velvet Banned

*hint* --> there is a picture in her sig with 'RIP' underneath it..

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

Ohhh. I am sorry super_grrl.

8. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Thanks guys. It's a tough day, that's for sure. He was my bestest friend. But he'd been really sick lately, and I sort of knew when I put him to bed last night that he probably wouldn't be there when I got up this morning. Not that it helps at all, at least right now. Eventually the pain will pass, I know... but right now it's huge. This was the first pet I had that was really mine, not a "family" pet. For some reason, that makes it harder. But thanks for the kind words everyone, that's totally what I need right now.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

you should get another one, maybe one that looks just like it.

10. velvet

velvet Banned

Yeah.. and when you die your family will replace you with a clone and don't think of you anymore.

Sheesh.. some people..

11. seamonster66

Velvet,

I hope you are joking, if not, fuck off.

12. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I'm sorry your friend died. (Oh by the way, I misspelled friend.) ;)

13. velvet

velvet Banned

and I hope you were joking when you told her to replace her beloved pet as soon as possible with a similar looking one.. if not, fuck off.

14. seamonster66

I was not joking, I still think its sound advice.

Its a guinea pig, and while it will be missed, another guinea pig will act just like it.

15. Bellfire01

Sweatheart, I'm not trying to be mean but just because something looks the same it's not. My dog was very special and when she died it was very hard. I'm sure there are other dogs that look like her but there will never beanother one like her. She was special and fun. I guess some people don't understand that when you lose your pet that you just don't lose some animal you lose a friend. (She was my very best friend.) :(

16. seamonster66

dogs are different than guinea pigs..much more individual personality. There may be small things one would notice that are different between a couple of guinea pigs, but not much.

how long do guinea pigs live anyway? I'll get back to you on that one.

17. Bellfire01

18. seamonster66

Lifespan 3 to 6 years typically , according to some strange site.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be sad, just stating the obvious, get another guinea pig.

19. velvet

velvet Banned

See? This is what I mean.. I had mice (they only live for 2 or 3 years) and they had very distinct personalities.. even if it is the smallest change you'll notice it when it is about someone or something you love. It's not all about nature, it's about nurture as well.. you can never raise a kid or an animal or whatever in the exact same way as you did with a previous one, you'll go through different things and that will have it's influence. Maybe you're not capable of seeing how unique all living things are but I know for a fact that there is no rabbit like mine (since all others will have had different experiences), just like there are no exact the same piggies as Sgt. P.

If you want to start a thread about how all small animals are apperantly, according to you, the same, do so, but leave this thread for those you appreciate the compagnion of a special friend and who will mourn the loss of that pet.

20. seamonster66

yawn, OK , I'll leave instead of giving some simple advice.

I must be a moron, thinking getting a new guinea pig would be good since she liked the old one *ROLLS EYES*