Ventriloquist Dummies Coming Alive!

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

First a little background. About 30-40 years ago, it was all the rage on TV and the movies. Ventriloquist's dummies coming alive!

Anyway, that is not very likely for a couple of reasons. But there also was this other horror story motif, that was a little more likely. After a while, a ventriloquist gets so into what he is doing, he starts believing his dummy is real and alive.

Now I know what some ventriloquists do is a little creepy. Edgar Bergen for example reportedly had a bed and whole room for his dummy. But I think the story went a lot of them ended up that way--even most.

How plausible is this? Please feel free to cite actual stories, if you have any. I know it is fiction. But truth is sometimes based on fiction. And truth is usually stranger than fiction, in any event.

:)

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

before cgi, stop motion animation was pretty cool, and something you could do with them.

sorry that's about the only thing i could think of about that.
    i know i've read some good stories about puppets and plushies and all,
    but i'm really no writer myself.

i may have had a nightmare with a teddy bear shaped ghost in it,
    back when i had them, which was when i was really little.

but the last time i had any kind of thing like that, there was the kind of skull shaped thing that kind of waked by moving with it had in place of a lower jaw,
    that i turned into a beautiful young lady, well released her, by with a q-tip and rubbing alky, disinfecting these four short parallel vertical lines on what became her upper lip,
    i just had to keep at it like the forever that it seemed to take.

but not really any kind of a ventriloquist kind of thing.