Vegetariannnnnn WOOHOO

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lucyinthesky, May 21, 2004.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

Today marks the first day of my attempt at becoming a vegetarian! woohoo!

Any suggestions? :)

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

you might be better off putting this in the vegetarian forum but since i became a veg. a month and a half ago... ill give you some advice.

first of all.... if you're veggie and not vegan (and i would NOT suggest becoming that right away, if at all) make sure you get TWO sources of non-animal protein a day.... ideas include all kinda of nuts and beans, pees, spinach and other green leafy veggies, eggs, tofu, soy milk, soy nuts, etc.

take a b vit. supplement.

dont try to do too much too fast.... try all kinds of new foods....

and if you slip up, dont beat yourself up.... just start right back where you started.

if you miss meat, mock meats can be quite good...like veggie burgers and chik nuggets.

good luck and if you ever need any advice (not that im an expert) pm me.

3. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

dont eat meat

4. didge

didge Member

i tried that once, and i lived on crisps for about two weeks, i cant eat vegetables ya see, they make me wanna puke.

and one day, i was so hungry, jesus i was soooo hungry.

and my ma stuck me in a room with lovely kentucky fried chicken...and the smell...oooooo....

and that was the end o my vegetarian days.

but anyway!

goodluck!;)

5. starrymoonsky

starrymoonsky Member

I'd love to be come vegetarian, I don't even like it that much .. but my whole family eats meat and I hate to be an inconvience especially if someone else is cooking.. But as soon as I'm on my own, I'll definately become one.... I was telling someone about how I dont like meat today, And they said that was gay and stupid.. its not the first response I got like that.. but I just don't understand why other people make such a big deal about not eating meat...

6. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This is an animal source, for sure !

7. interval_illusion

HAHAHA, I meant PEES...... I'll go change that.

8. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

Thanx guys! i actually didnt realize there was a vegetarian forum. woops! :eek: anyways thanx for the good tips......i think the hardest part about not eating meat for me is going to be the fact that i LOVE meat. But since i dont HAVE to eat meat, and it's much healthier not to, why not give it a try! It's gonna be tough tho, wish me luck :)

9. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

if your a vegitarian and you eat meat once in a while it is better than eating meat once and just giving up and continuing to eat it all the time

10. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by interval_illusion
    ...make sure you get TWO sources of non-animal protein a day.... ideas include ... pee...

Listen, I_I, if you're going to change it I think it should be spelled peas. :)

11. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Tell someone.

I tried going vegetarian about two years ago but didn't dare to tell anybody, I just tried sneaking myself around meat. Of course it didn't work.
    In November 2003 I tried again and this time I told my family and friends I wanted to stop eating meat. It worked.
    If I ever had wanted to stop simply the thought nobody would take me serious ever again and everybody would mock me would have prevented me from giving up.
    Besides, nice people can be a great support. And it gives self-confidence about being vegetarian.

I'm still vegetarian by the way. [​IMG]

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

make sure you do it right, please!! i've gotten so irritated watching some kids "going vegetarian" without any idea of how to do it without making themselves sick. make sure you get the proper amounts of protein and fat in your diet, both are incredibly essential. if you don't, you'll get sick, your hair will start to thin and your skin will go to hell. if your not accustomed to soy, you may have an adverse reaction to it, gasiness, etc., not unusual. if however it doesn't get better, find out if your allergic to it, call your doctor.

good luck.

13. interval_illusion

oh, yeah, peas...doh. where's my brain half the time?!