Vegetarian wedding

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Recipes' started by cinderella1982, Feb 19, 2010.

1. cinderella1982

cinderella1982 Guest

Hi everyone!!

I am getting married this summer and I really want my main course to be vegetarian for all guests. I just can't seem to find a recipe that would be "chic" enough for a wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance :)

2. TheChangingTide

TheChangingTide Visitor

I would think of something like a really classy berry fruit salad as an appetizer.

there's lots of great recipes out there. I think what you're probably looking for is a certain air of elegance for the event? I'd spend some time talking with your husband/wife and really explore what kind of foods you enjoy together.

I've always thought like a vegetable stir fry with seeds looks pretty on a plate. Penne and vegetable sauce?

I'm just flipping through The Detox Cookbook by Maggie Pannell. She has a pretty good selection of vegetarian stuff.

Really a LOT of vegetarian recipes could make it at a wedding. You're looking for food that tastes great and presents well, and honestly veggies do just that. :)

I'd probably lean towards a veggie pasta of some kind, but *shrug* i don't know if that's wedding chic or not?

3. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

jicama sticks marinated in honey mustard dressing

strawberry, walnut & spinach salad, w/balsamic vinegar

soups: squash, carrot & ginger, or a cold soup like melon & mint

herb roasted root veggies, esp. purple potatoes

I'll keep thinking...I had a veggie & vegan reception too..

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

^ you made me hungry.. :D

5. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

O I had a flash...

maybe too involved tho, it could look and taste new-vo cuisine like.

stacked food, do a raw food vegan lasagna. look up recipes on the net, I know that zucchini is used as the pasta part. lots of basil and fresh tomato puree.

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

7. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

A friend of mine got marred last year and had stuffed mushrooms and peppers, sweet potato moqueca, and a mushroom and green bean spaghetti - it was good!

8. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I went to a vegetarian and alcohol free wedding last summer. It was casual and outside in a beautiful tent and for main dishes they had sstuffed mushrooms and eggplant and a pasta bar. They also had a smoothie station, yummy!

9. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Awesome! :D

Me and my beau are getting married in early June and plan on having a vegetarian menu. So far, this is what the menu looks like:

-Carrot, orange and ginger soup
    -Stacked hummus and taboule with pita chips
    -Fried halloumi on mixed greens with a tad of roasted pepper puree
    -Stuffed tomato with pesto pasta and parsnip-parmesan puree
    -Strawberry and walnut salad with balsamic vinegar dressing
    -Chocolate-caramel wedding cake

I thought about having a smart drinks bar for smoothies and such during the party, in addition to the regular bar, could be cool.