veg room in garage? and how many plants can fit in a 4x8 tent ideally?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by bluntman1588, Sep 9, 2008.

1. bluntman1588

bluntman1588 Member

ok well currently growing 10 plants in 10 gallon bags in one 4x8 grow tent in a garage. there is lots of extra space in the tent. we are now being told we should probably switch to something like 5 gallon buckets and many more of them. but does anyone have any experience with a tent? how many plants to get maximum yield under 2 1000 w hps lamps?

but if i were to do may plants i would need to start making clones. but i do not have a veg room set up. there is tons of excess space in the garage where the tent is, BUT i was advised the other day to bug bomb the whole garage and use that as opposed to using the tent.

i liked where he was going but he was thinking a bit too big. I would like to know what the best way to set up a veg room would be in a garage that has lots of bugs and stuff? we had a big problem with spider mites before but neem oil seemed to take care of them. we already have some panda film?

sorry its so long but i need an experienced eye for this one!

2. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

10 gallon bags are overkill indoors... 5 gallon is more than enough.

2x1000 will give you enough light for about 35sqft. So a 4x8 or 5x8 would be ideal for flowering. In a 4x8 you should be able to fit about 15-20 plants in depending on how big you want them to get. me personally in a 4x8 i'd do 15.

As far as the garage, unless it's heated, your plants will freeze when lights are off. Stunt the growth, and if it gets below 40F you'll probably kill them. Re: bugs, yes bug bomb it, clean/bleach your area. put something on the floor, a few layers of plastic or a pond liner. Easy to walk on, easy to clean/disinfect. Also buy some Hot shot no Pest strips. They work wonders.

3. Astrofabrical

Astrofabrical Senior Member

Two 1000w hps bulbs is going to tack on a nice amount to your monthly bill. For 10 plants one 1000w should be enough.

4. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

For vegging yes.

For flowering you should have at least 1600w for 32sqft of space. If you're using all that space that is..