VC Andrews fans?

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Redhead420_23F, May 25, 2006.

1. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

Anyone else enjoy all of the books by VC Andrews? I've read I think over half of them, but there are still a few series I haven't gotten to yet. Right now I'm almost done with the Casteel family series, which has been one of my favorites. The only one I haven't read is "Web of Dreams", the last one.

The weird thing is, most of them were not actually written by VC Andrews, they were written by this "ghostwriter" guy who bases the novels from the notes she left behind. Its interesting because I have trouble telling the difference between who wrote what.

I know the Flowers in the Attick series were all written by VC Andrews, and that the first two in the Casteel family series were written by her.
    which other ones were written by the real VC Andrews, anyone know?

Oh and I loved the newest one, April Showers and Girl in the Shadows, I couldn't put those down!

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh I love VC Andrews! I'm not sure which of her books were actually written by her however, I do know that she died in 1986 so none of the newer stuff is by her obviously. Have you read the Landry series? It was one of my favorites!

3. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

Hey hippychickmommy, I'm not sure if I've read the Landry series yet...that sounds familiar....lol I'm moving in a couple months and I already packed away most of my books or I'd go check. Throw out a couple of the character's names and I bet I'll know if I've read that one yet or not

4. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I used to read VC Andrews and loved her. I thought the books got kind of repetitive after she died. I read the Flowers in the Attic series, the Heavenly series, the Dawn series (I think that was the Casteels), and part of the Ruby series. I think she died before all of the Dawn one's were out, so part of them were not written by her. I also ready My Sweet Audrina, she wrote it and it was excellent.

5. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

jgirl I haven't read my sweet audrina yet, what is that one about? I'm pretty sure Dawn was part of the Cutler family series, Casteel family was Heaven

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

The Landry series features the twins Giselle and Ruby, twins seperated at birth.

7. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

Oh, thats not one I've read yet than. This is what I love...even though I've read so many....there is still SO much I haven't gotten to yet :)

8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I am a huge fan of the earlier works. Have been since I was a teenager. The newer ones seem shorter and not as riveting.