Vaping Ecigs And Benzos/z Drugs

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by dopeman, Apr 10, 2015.

1. dopeman

dopeman Member

so from what ive heard, it is the carcinogens and some other stuff from cigarette smoke that cause the diminished effect of benzos in cigarette smokers, but not the actual nicotine itself... so what my question is, is would vaping not have this diminished effect since the majority of e-liquid is just propylene glycol and vegetable clycerin and nicotine. no known carcinogens are found in e-cig vapour that ive heard of.

would just like some insight, thanks for anyone who takes the time to give me an answer... first post in a while, been lurking in the shadows and commenting here and there but first new topic from me in a while.

cheers!

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I vape but I don't do benzos, so I've got nothing.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I vape too. I also don't vape benzos. I also have nothing.

1 person likes this.
  4. dopeman

dopeman Member

im not talking about vaping benzos, that would be idiotic. what I was saying is that regular smokers have diminished effects from benzos because of carcinogens and other chemicals in cig smoke, and not necisarilly the nicotine (read this in a study somewhere) so what I was wondering is if vaping an e-gig would have any diminishing effects on my benzos/zopiclone, since the only other thing besides nicotine that's in them is propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, which from what I know don't release any carcinogens and such when you vape them. only other ingredient is nicotine. was wondering if an ecig would not have to worry about the diminishing effect cause all those carcinogens that cause the effect aren't present in e-cig vapour. idk maybe im answering my own question but maybe someone on here has a better understanding of it than me.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Carcinogens don't reduce benzo effect.

I don't know anything about this relationship between benzos and cigarettes - but I don't need to, and I don't need to read whatever study you think you read, to tell you that it's a crock of shit.

It's the nicotine.

6. juddyrotten

juddyrotten Members

To my knowledge it's because nicotine increases the heart rate and blood pressure, this means your medicine is introduced to the bloodstream faster and diminishes effects quickly because they are being absorbed quicker. This is just my opinion man I'm in no way qualified to ensure my statement is a fact man.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I've experimented vaping various benzos since they dissolve in PG they can be vaped like any other e-juice. Xanax e-juice leaves a bad taste in my mouth though, other benzos though are mostly tasteless but you gotta get the benzo to nicotine ratio right or else i'll freak out cuz i'm not getting enough nicotine.

Unless you made the benzo juice extremely concentrated it's not really a good way to get fucked up, but it might serve well for maintaining a benzo dose in your system all day ... you can always top off using more conventional means of consumption.

Not sure how efficient it is either, it might be pretty wasteful.

edit: benzos dissolve pretty readily in propylene glycol, most will dissolve in pure vegetable glycerine as well but require much agitation and sometimes a hot water bath because of the high viscosity and presumably lower solubility. Should have no problems dissolving benzos in a 60/40 blend which is common for e-liquid. This is assuming you have the powder, not crushed up pills. You could probably crush up some bars and then filter out what didn't dissolve but i'm not sure how accurate your concentration would be at that point, you would have to adjust for the displacement of the insoluble solids. A few rare benzo specimens actually dissolve in plain old water, the only one I know of is versed, and perhaps rohypnol but i'm not sure about that one.